SWYPO... Fruit Sauce?

cutewosie

Hi all! I just finished day 2 of my first Whole 30. I feel like I am doing well but have a question brought about by Instagram. I have been posting food because I want ideas and want to be accountable for my eating. Tonight as a part of my dinner I had fresh made fruit sauce(a banana, raspberries, blueberries, & blackberries straight up puréed) I also had sweet potato hash with chicken sausage, Brussels sprouts, & onions and then broccoli soup made with broccoli, carrots, onions, a parsnip, stock, and coconut milk. I crumbled bacon on top for a little crunch and protein. Anyways, someone commented that my fruit sauce was SWYPO and now I am stressed. I do like fresh fruit and eat whole fruit with meals. I make real food like this for my daughter, too. I have never been addicted to fruit. Is this SWYPO? Also, it was about half a cup portion size and because I forgot my orange on the counter this morning my only fruit for the day.

The issue I see with this is that it's too easy to have too much fruit at once. A fruit serving is a whole piece of fruit that is the size of your fist. Whole30 allows for 1-2 servings of fruit per day.

I don't feel this merits a restart: I would just limit the use of such a sauce - maybe drizzled on some pork?

Also, check your bacon to ensure it's compliant: no sugar, sweeteners or other nasties.

Archived