Successful Sushi Lunch Outing

Lena Bean

Hi All! I did some searches and found out that a lot of people struggle with sushi and the options available. I found that a local sushi restaurant allows for substitution and changes so I went and ordered a California Roll with the follow changes - tuna instead of imitation crab, and no rice. I also brought my own coconut aminos. So basically it was tuna, cucumber, and avacado wrapped in seaweed noir and then dipped in coconut aminos. It was really easy and they were more then happy to accomodate me. If you know when you are headed before hand check out the rolls and see if there are any "easy" rolls to change. I was pleasantly satisfied with the results. Anyone else tried this route??

Sushi is my favorite!! I veer towards the hand rolls with no rice-salmon/avocado/asparagus, tuna/avocado/cucumber...both amazing!

I love spicy - so I usually dip in their chili oil, which is sesame oil with chili peppers- does anyone know, is sesame oil approved for W30?

If not I'm going to have to look into these coconut aminos...thanks!!

Denver has an awesome restaurant with options rolled in cucumber instead of rice, which is at the top of my list for when going out can't be avoided.

...does anyone know, is sesame oil approved for W30?  If not I'm going to have to look into these coconut aminos...thanks!

For sesame oil, here's me plagiarizing one of the mods in another forum (http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/3105-sesame-oil-confusion/):

"Here's the deal with seeds/nuts and their corresponding butters and oils: When you eat them raw, they're an ok choice. They're a little high in the Omega 6 fats, but if you can eat them reasonably (a lot of folks struggle with this) they're a fine addition to your diet. BUT, when they're heated, the oils in the nuts and seeds oxidize and then act like all the other vegetable oils (not a good choice).   SO, when we suggest you can include those oils in your program, we mean that we'd like you to use them cold (and even get cold pressed if you can). However, we don't think that they're troublesome enough to your body to have excluded them from the approved foods."

Archived