Trip to Brea, CA

Kat4Wake

Hi all.  I have a trip to Brea, CA for work 1/8-1/11.  I started my first W30 on 1/1.  I have never been to this area and am looking for W30 friendly places to eat.  A bit nervous having to eat out this early in the program.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kat

I've never been to Brea, CA, but can give you general advice for eating out.

Research restaurant menus online ahead of time.  I find it's easiest to eat Whole30 at places that cook to order and/or offer gluten-free menus or clearly marked gluten-free options.

In viewing the menu items, choose 2-3 options that look compliant as is or that require minor tweaks. Call ahead, summarize what you can and cannot eat, and see how/whether they can accommodate you. This way you have some solid ideas going in.

Try to get anything grilled dry grilled, no marinades (suspect for gluten, soy and sugar). Confirm any oil they use does not contain soybean oil. Bring your own compliant dressing, or ask for a lemon wedge to squeeze on a dry salad or steamed veggies.

Hi there - you will LOVE this place: http://www.livegreen2go.com/

It's called "Green 2Go"  and it's right in Brea offering fresh, healthy organic food. You will find many restaurants here (I live in Long Beach, CA) offer organic foods and fresh salads and free-range meats on their regular menu. Many restaurants have gluten-free menus which are usually the healthier items and you should have no problems at all. Enjoy the visit! We're about 70 degrees today and getting warmer all week!

• 1 month later...

I'm so glad you posted this. I'm going to the Nixon Library in a couple weeks and had planned to enjoy a nice lunch out.  But I will only be on day 26 or so, so I will need to find something in this area as well!  May check out the Green2Go.

Archived