Day 5: first whole 30 breakthrough in stopping skin picking and binge eating

mrs.aaanderson

Today was an awesome day. My two biggest goals during this challenge are to stop picking my skin and stop binge eating. I had a breakthrough with both today.

When I pick my skin, I usually don't notice until I've already picked a few spots. Once I realize what I'm doing, I feel guilty and bad about myself and I usually keep picking. I always pick when I'm driving alone. This morning, I noticed every time I started to pick and I stopped. My mantra was simple, I kept telling myself, "I do not want to do this." When I was reading a success story on the Whole9 website, this quote resonated with me "When you take such care with what you feed your body, you can't help but take equal care with what you feed your heart, soul, and mind." - See more at: http://whole30.com/2012/10/i-lost-185-pounds-on-the-whole30-and-i-miss-him/#sthash.Ha4z8ox7.dpuf I think this is part of the reason why this lifestyle change is helping me stop picking.  I'm spending so much time and energy thinking about and preparing what to feed myself, the drive to take care of myself is spilling over into other areas of my life.

This morning I fixed myself sweet potato pancakes and banana slices (This is a technical no-no on the whole 30 plan, but I just wanted to add some protein to my sweet potato, I wasn't craving pancakes).  When I took my first bite, I was thinking, "This is so deliciously sweet, I wouldn't want to add maple syrup even if i could."  Then, about halfway through my meal it didn't taste that good anymore.  I checked in with myself and realized I was not hungry anymore.  So, I stopped eating.  This is a HUGE breakthrough for me.  Until now, I would always clean my plate.  At lunch, it happened again.  I only ate half of the chicken salad I served myself.  And even then, I think I ate too much.  I felt overly full for about an hour after eating.  It was also the first day I wasn't hungry for an after-school snack.  I felt full and satisfied until dinner.  

I don't want to take a single thing away from your breakthrough, which is AWESOME!

but...how are sweet potato pancakes the only way to add protein to a sweet potato? Next time have a sweet potato topped with pulled pork, or some fried eggs...or make a hash...or roast and cube them and have them next to a grass-fed beef burger or some roast chicken.

don't have the sweet potato pancakes.

Archived