Best Brands

charisepeacock

I'm just starting my wholoe30 journey. I need any suggestions or tips on where to buy things, mainly online. We only have a Natural Grocer here to shop at for many of the ingredients I need. I am wanting to know the best brands/websites to find things like coconut flour, almond flour, coconut oil, etc. Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

The Natural Grocers where I live has better prices and sometimes a better selection of those things than any of the other fancy/crunchy stores nearby and usually has better prices than I've seen online too.  Amazon has a lot of harder to find ingredients like red boat fish sauce and coconut aminos, but generally, Natural Grocers, unless yours is very different from mine, is a pretty good place to look first, especially if you can get into the habit of reading their circular and stocking up on staples when they're on sale. 

I'm just starting my wholoe30 journey. I need any suggestions or tips on where to buy things, mainly online. We only have a Natural Grocer here to shop at for many of the ingredients I need. I am wanting to know the best brands/websites to find things like coconut flour, almond flour, coconut oil, etc. Thanks in advance!

For  Almond flour I think Honeyville grain has the best. They have regular and blanched (without the skin). http://shop.honeyville.com/products/flours/blanched-almond-flour.html/. They also have coconut flour and organic Cocoa powder.  I think for coconut oil you need to taste them to see what you like. Most of the virgin coconut oil will have a fruity coconut taste, I think this is too much for my taste even though I love coconut. The ones that are a little more processed will have less of that coconut flavor. Aroy-D boxed coconut milk doesn't have Carrageenan (check label to make sure). Red Boat Fish sauce is compliant. I can't find it in any of the health food stores I have tried (Jimbo's, Sprouts, Trader Joes) so you may have to purchase that online. I think you can find most of the stuff you need on Amazon.com.

Archived