2 meals too little?

Kmartin86

So I've noticed a trend in my eating on weekends that I will have a late brunch (after celebrating the fact I can sleep in!) around 11am and then a second meal at around 5pm. I haven't felt hungry enough in between those meals or after them to have anything else, so I don't feel like I'm starving but I don't want to not eat enough and freak my body out either.

Typically, those meals are a bit bigger than I would normally eat, so for example today:

Meal 1 - 3 sausages (compliant), sauteed mushrooms and tomato in garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.

Meal 2 - chicken breast with roasted sweet potato, carrot, capsicum and mushrooms.

I drink a hell of a lot of water (close to 4 litres) and go for at least a 60 minute walk on both days but just wanted to see if I should be fixing this now before it becomes too much of a habit and harder to break.

• Moderators

I guess it is okay. You are going 6 hours between meals 1 and 2, which is not excessive. Personally, I would wake up hungry around 1 AM if I went to bed after eating as little as you are describing, but if this is working for you, I will not argue. I do think you need some green vegetables in your meals. Personally, I don't consider a day of eating complete unless I have at least one serving of wilted greens of some kind - kale, chard, spinach, beet leaves, etc. 

Archived