Starting Whole 30 January 20th, 2014

Nritchie77

OK so I am all prepared for tomorrow.  Tomorrow looks like:

* I cooked up 12 chicken fajita egg muffins for my breakfast for the week (I figure I can eat 2).

* I prepared a tuna salad (w/olive oil, 1/2 can of albacore tuna, celery, red pepper, garlic, salt, pepper, fresh lemon juice)

* I packed my free-range turkey jerky for my pre workout meal 

**Crossfit @ 4:30 PM

* Mahi Mahi w/gingered carrots and salad w/all the goods + 1/2 avocado

Thoughts, suggestions, recommendations are welcome!  To tomorrow :)  good night

Well I woke up with a head cold so I skipped on Crossfit and the Pre/post workout meal.  Other than that, I stayed on track!  

Went to bed around 10:45, laid there for about an hour before I fell asleep, Tossed and turned all night as usual, got up to pee around 12:30-1:00 as usual; who knows what time it was for sure, woke up about 3 other times tossing and turning.... thoughts of everything other than sleep.

Alarm went off at 6:15 am, woke up reset for 6:30, woke up and reset for 7:00... SHIT now I'm late for work...dragged myself out of bed...HEAD COLD OF COURSE!!!  Probably from the lack of sleep I ALWAYS have!  Got ready grabed my pre-made breakfast and lunch...Coffee black (THAT WAS A FIRST) didn't LOVE it didn't hate it either.  Arrived to work 35 minutes late.

Meal 1 8:45 AM:  I did feel a little hungry about 2 hours after eating, I asked myself could I eat fish and broccoli YES, but than I like that so I didn't want to jump in and eat... I downed some water, got back to working and the thought of being hungry went away.  

Meal 2 1:30 PM: Wasn't starving by the time I ate my lunch, but was hungry... My tuna salad was AMAZING! I do think I had too much fat in it.  I cut the recipe in half and than included the olive oil for the entire receipe which was 2 Tbl + 1/2 avocado.. Oh well it was good, really good!  I wasn't hungry till I was in the car driving home that I thought about not being hungry and than turned hungry! Plus my bad habit is to snack snack snack (which typically makes up enough calories for the entire day + some) as soon as I get home that last through cooking dinner... So my mind drifted in that habit mode I became hungry.  However, I came home didn't rush into the kitchen as I usually do...played with the baby, put some laundry away... Than started dinner; open a can of Crox water and enjoyed cooking my dinner with NO SNACKS!!!

Meal 3 6:30 PM: Wasn't starving but definitely hungry.  I am drinking some tea right now and getting ready to turn in for the night...

Got through day 1... Can't wait to see what challenges tomorrow brings so I can tell you all about it HAHAHA

Welcome Cantora87 - we can be Whole30 buddies :)....  I think it always makes things easier when you have someone along side you supporting you! 

I was sooo gun ho yesterday!  I don't know if it is because I have a fever/cold/SICK SICK SICK that I feel like I just want to crawl into bed or what!  I took a look at the Whole30 timeline and this is normal for day two, but I can't tell if it is what I am feeling because of the program or because I am sicker than a dog!  

So now I have another day that I will not be doing crossfit... sooo bummed.

Talk more this evening once I clock in my day.  I'm using this more as a journal.  :)  Talk soon N 

I used 10 free-range eggs in my recipe to make 12 muffins.  Can I still have 3?  I am still trying to lose weight too :)

Yes eat 3 gosh maybe even 4. Is there any other protein in that recipe? 3 muffins will be about 2.5 eggs worth of protein. I'm short and have smallish hands and can hold 3-4 eggs in my hand which is what constitutes the palm sized serving of protein on this plan.

Don't limit your portion sizes in fear of not losing weight. Remember this program is not a weight loss program but often that is a pleasant side effect. The intention is to teach you to recognize your hunger cues again and for best results we advice eating 3 meals with portions at minimum fitting the lower end of the food template.

Ditto Physibeth--don't skimp on the fats and protein!  That's what will keep you full AND provide the fuel you need for those workouts.  Crossfit may be asking a lot of yourself for at least the first half of the program though as your body adjusts to using fat instead of carbs.  Maybe just a daily run or some calisthenics for a couple weeks?

I'm not having any issues on my Day 2, but I've been gluten-free since October and seriously backed-off legumes and grains in December.  Have been avoiding actual sugar for ages with varying degrees of success, but I do miss my honey in my herbal tea.  ;)  

I'm a nursing momma so I'm trying to get creative with keeping up my calorie intake without just drinking lots of coconut milk.  That stuff is expensive!  I'm trying to get at least half a can a day though.

Thanks for the input ladies. The muffin recipe calls for 10 eggs and some shredded chicken breast from left over whole chicken I made. I only had the 2 muffins again today for meal 1 & definitely was hungry about 40 minutes later. I tend to eat bigger portions than I should and portion control is another reason I'm trying to do this so I wanted to weigh this out a few days to make sure I wasn't just wanting more out of habit or if I was genuinely hungry. I'm full after meal 2&3 so I think I'm genuinely hungry and will add another muffin.

Archived