Colitis symptoms during whole 30

I have colitis/proctitis/SIBO/IBS. I win the jackpot. : ). Anyway, I have been feeling pretty good following a paleo autoimmune protocol. Between Thanksgiving and New Year's I ate chocolate, more sugar than I should in the form of chocolate mostly and some gluten free baked goods like bread and muffins. All still dairy free.

I am on day 19 of my Whole 30 and I am having lots of mucous is my bM's (sorry). This is typically a pre-flare warning for me but I don't feel like I am going to flare. I was on asacol which I have been on for almost 2 decades. They stopped making it and I am on the new version.

Could the pre-flare symptoms be from the whole 30? Or should I react like a flare is coming even though I am in no pain? I am crazy bloated but that's par for the course with digestive disease and whole 30.

I am planning to call the gastro but they'll just up my meds which is never my goal.

Thanks!

It could be your new medication, might be worth checking if it has any different ingredients?

Do you eat a lot of raw veggies? Some people find cooked ones easier on the gut if they get bloating.

Are you doing a regular Whole30 now, or a Whole30 Autoimmune Protocol?

If you post some entries from your food diary, it might be something you can fix with some tweaking.

Archived