Help! Day 1 and craving sugar!

tracita

Ride it out.

The meal template is your friend. http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Follow this for every single meal.

If you are hungry in between meals (hunger = you could eat steamed fish and broccoli), have a mini-meal including a protein and fat.

If it's only a craving, do something non-food related. Call a friend, take a walk around the block, journal, knit, whatever.

I know it's tough, but the one thing you don't want to do when you have a sugar craving is eat something sweet (fruit or a Larabar). That just encourages your brain to keep wanting sugar - kind of like giving in to a little kid's tantrum just encourages them to keep having them! That's why, if you're really hungry, a snack should have protein + fat - that combo is what will actually satiate your hunger.

It gets easier, I promise!

Definitely ride it out and keep focused - I had horrible sugar loves and it was hard but read the book "it starts with food or go over the food lists Sweet potatoes and squash helped me kick some of the cravings when it was for things not helpful to me.  I am on my day 24 of my 2nd whole 30 and doing good - you can do this!!!

Ok if sugar cravings are actually ride-out-able, then I will do that.... The book "It starts with Food" will be delivered on Wed- I'm looking forward to getting more info on how to deal with cravings. This is the first time-ever- that I've gone without sugar. Eek!

Thanks everyone!

Archived