Think I experienced accidental reintroduction

Clairenz

I'm on day 24 of my first whole 30, I've been good I promise! Haven't cheated once (except in first week I had peanuts in a salad before I realised they weren't allowed) last night though we had a BBQ for dinner I had steak but my husband and kids also had sausages when cutting the kids sausages up I had a few pieces; this is something I've had to be practically mindful of not doing but these were home kill sausages raised on my in laws farm I knew it was good meat but couldn't assume they were gluten free.... And I assume they were not! I've had a sore stomach all night still going this morning. I started the whole 30 just because I read it's starts with food and thought why not, I did not think I had particular issues that would be sorted by changing my diet, I'm now excited/nervous about the reintroduction phase, what other foods are going to wreak havoc on my body? Defiantly going to be careful when I reintroduce certain things because it may cause days of discomfort.

I'm on day 24 of my first whole 30, I've been good I promise! Haven't cheated once (except in first week I had peanuts in a salad before I realised they weren't allowed) last night though we had a BBQ for dinner I had steak but my husband and kids also had sausages when cutting the kids sausages up I had a few pieces; this is something I've had to be practically mindful of not doing but these were home kill sausages raised on my in laws farm I knew it was good meat but couldn't assume they were gluten free.... And I assume they were not! I've had a sore stomach all night still going this morning. I started the whole 30 just because I read it's starts with food and thought why not, I did not think I had particular issues that would be sorted by changing my diet, I'm now excited/nervous about the reintroduction phase, what other foods are going to wreak havoc on my body? Defiantly going to be careful when I reintroduce certain things because it may cause days of discomfort.

Is there a way you can confirm with your in-laws whether or not the sausages contained gluten? Unfortunately, ingesting gluten does merit a restart.  

Bummer... of course you're right, but therefore im going to become a whole30 dropout,

Im not going to restart at this stage, Im loving the food Im eating and the way Im feeling and I think I have slayed the sugar dragon but I am very much looking forward to living a more moderate lifestyle. making healthy, educated food choices but not limited to strictly whole 30 

I will continue until my 30 days and reintroduce best I can and hopefuly still get some good info and maybe in future I will try again and hopefully comple a full clean whole30.

Archived