Lisa's Post Whole30 Log

Lisa L

Today is dairy day!

Breakfast:

3 eggs scrambled with salsa and veggies (used heavy cream instead of coconut milk), sweet potato hashbrowns. Latte with whole milk

Lunch:

Leftover spaghetti squash with meat sauce, lots of romano cheese on top

Dinner:

Salsa chicken salad with lettuce greens, avocado, veggies and cheese

Then...I'm gonna try some vanilla ice cream. 

On a side note, we are having a "blondie bake-off" at work. I thought I would be tempted but I'm not. They smell good but I know I can make blondies later after I've done all the reintroduction (if I want them). 

Energy level was surprisingly better today but I think that's because I was so excited to bring a few things back into my diet. Feeling just fine after breakfast though, hopefully it continues. 

I had a couple of miracles today:

1. My wedding ring slipped onto my finger for the first time in at least 2 months

2. I am wearing a pair of jeans I have not worn in at least 6 months - they are snug but comfortable. 

Dairy reintro went fine I think. No adverse reactions that I have been able to determine. The ice cream I could have done without. I used it for purposes of dairy (I do like ice cream too) but I was full from dinner and have been in the habit of NOT having a dessert so it was almost tough to eat. Back on the straight and narrow today.

Breakfast:

2 eggs fried in bacon and a bunch of sweet potato hashbrowns (I needed more veggies)

Lunch:

2 salmon cakes with homemade aioli, HUGE salad, 1 cup roasted root veggies (sweet potato, rutabaga, parsnip)

Dinner:

leftovers...I will either have pulled pork or chicken along with more veggies (shocker)

I did bring a snack today just in case my wimpy breakfast doesn't hold me over. I was running short on time.

I worked out yesterday and I'm surprised I'm not sore. I plan to walk during my lunch hour today. 

Still feeling fine from the dairy. Yay!

I didn't get a chance to walk yesterday. My day went crazy around 11:30. Today I need to hit the store for some cooking supplies.

Breakfast: Veggie frittata (zukes, red pepper, mushrooms, spinach) and sweet potato hashbrowns

Lunch: Salad from Baja Fresh (chicken, lettuce, fire roasted veggies, pico de gallo and guacamole)

Dinner: Aidell's Chicken Apple Sausage and sauteed veggies.

Tomorrow is gluten. I am curious to see how it all turns out. 

Today is Gluten day. I am nervous but excited to get this one over with.

Breakfast: veggie frittata with an english muffin (almond butter)

Lunch: chicken burrito with salad greens and raw veggies

Dinner: chicken pie

I realized when having breakfast this morning that breads/potatoes etc tend to push the veggies off the plate. I remember always reading not to let fruit push veg off the plate but for me it's all this stuff. I know I need to be conscious when I choose to eat these things and make sure the veggies stay on the plate too. 

Archived