First W30 starting 2/3 to fight PCOS

fight2beafitcyster

Hi Everyone! My name is Jessica, 20-something newlywed...just wanted to introduce myself as I will be starting on 2/3 and am extremely nervous. I have been doing weeks of research and I feel that if I don't just suck it up and start now, I might just never do it. I was diagnosed with PCOS in December, took a while to mope and now every PCOS 'recovery' story I have read has lead me to Paleo living and beginning with the Whole 30...so, here I am. I've never been overweight, but since getting off of my BC my body has completely gone off the deep end...which is scary? I'm hoping I can get through this in one piece. So, any fellow cysters/pcos sufferers that have some words of wisdom, advice, encouraging words...or really ANYONE, I thank you in advance...cause I'll need it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jessica,

My name is Michelle. I was diagnosed with PCOS last year. We have been TTC for about a year now. Since insulin is usually a culprit when dealing with PCOS, my RE told me to go on a low carb diet, even though I do not have an insulin issue. I've done a Whole 30 a couple of years back when my Xfit Box was having a nutrition challenge and felt pretty good afterwards, so I decided to delve into another one. The only difference here for me is that I plan to continue it through at least a Whole60, maybe even longer. 

I've had a severe carb addiction for a while and after reading some testimonials, and after knowing about my experience with my last Whole30, I know that it will be necessary for me to continue on to completely kick the cravings. Also, if this lifestyle works, I would love to continue to eat this way especially if any baby might come along. 

After hearing about things like "pink slime" and "rubber" being in some of the foods we eat. I'm completely grossed out, and I realize that the only way to eat is as clean as possible. 

That all said, I started my Whole30 on Sunday (Feb 9th). Today is day 3 for me. I'm having some headaches, but I'm mostly doing well so far. My husband is not doing this Whole30 with me (He did do the last one), so it's a little difficult for me to see him eating some of the items that I used to love, but I have 1 goal in mind, and that's to heal myself through food and hopefully end up with a baby out of the deal.

How are your first couple weeks going?

Archived