Whole30 Day 4 and my belly is miserable

juliem

Hi all,

I'm having the worst time this go around. I'm super bloated and am having all sorts of other GI issues. I've been battling some sort of low-grade bug all week, and my stomach issues could be due to that. I don't know what to do. Idecided to post here because I don't want to throw in the towel, because that really won't help, but ugh.

I don't want to eat, or drink because I feel so gross. Any thoughts or suggestions? And, suck it up, buttercup, is  completely acceptable advice. ^_^

Thanks all.

Can you post what you have been eating? That will help us give you advice. If you are just sick that could be the source but seeing your food would help. Also context, is this your first Whole30? What was your eating like before you started? When did the GI issues start?

I haven't had much of the problem you have described - but I know it will pass with persistence and maybe lighter foods - that you can handle?  I'm on day 27 on my 2nd whole 30 - and it does seem in the first couple weeks there can be some of that?  I'm only a peer at this though - - There are things described in the book - it starts with food that describes some of the detox symptoms and what it can cause. 

What ever you do - don't throw in the towel - you might get some other suggestions that will help you with the what to do?  I just want to encourage you not to give up!!    This will pass and you will be glad you stuck with it. 

Hey there. Bummer. I'd give it a couple days. Hard to tell if you are battling a bug or just reactions. But try to eat light versions of everything, lots of fluids and be very, very good to yourself. Rest as much as you can. I'm betting you'll bounce back in a couple days and you'll be able to keep going forward.

If after a couple more days nothing has changed, you might want to stop your whole30. Take a break of a week or two and then start again.

hugs!

Hi all,

Just wanted to report in with an update-I've had the flu for the last few days. I'm pretty sure that was what was causing the issues, as I've not had this severe of a problem on any of my previous Whole30s. And, I wasn't eating anything different.

Anyway, thanks to all for your help, suggestions, and encouragement. Happy to be on the mend.

Archived