Start date March 1

peggyfobbe

Hi everybody! I just joined this morning. I am 54 years, have high blood pressure and was diagnosed with fatty liver. I'm sure my liver issue is weight related since I drink maybe twice a year at the most. I am planning to start the program March 1. I know that's a long ways away but Valentines Day and my birthday this month and I have a medical test at the end of the month. I'm hoping to solve at least some of my medical issues losing weight and trying to eat better.

Good for you stating your intentions here even this far in advance. I would use this month to ramp up. Maybe pick one thing to take out a week or have one Whole30 meal a day. Enjoy your special occasions as that was the reason for delaying but you have lots of time to prepare so use it wisely. Looking forward to following your journey.

I've already made several diet changes since the first of the year. Giving up snack type junk food in favor of fruits and veggies for snacks. I've switched to turkey bacon and eating more salads even when eating out. I've started using my treadmill 6 out of 7 days a week. I'm looking forward to starting and have printed out the shopping list to use for future shopping trips. I like almost everything on the list :) so I definitely think I'll be able to do the program very well. It's right in keeping with things that I told myself I was going to work on this year.

I have been applying most of the guidelines of the Whole30 for a couple of weeks but have yet to make a full commitment. March 1 should be a good commitment date for me. I look forward to seeing more  results in addition to what I've already seen!

Archived