Is it an inadvertent slip? Crud!

BoCa

I have a cook. I know! It's so great! I am deeply appreciative of this, believe you me. We are in India where it's affordable. So we do. However, this diet is like some kind of freak show to her! She simply cannot imagine it. So I gave her the whole verboten list. I was very clear about those things that would be especially difficult for any Indian to fathom.

No lentils.

What? 

Right, no lentils.

Ah! So rice instead!

No, no rice.

Potatoes?

Nope. No potatoes. 

Oh.

Well, we got past it. I thought. Lots of discussion, lots of written down lists. But last night she made us, at my request, South Indian style spinach to go with our coconut shrimp. And she forgot that it has lentils in it. Very few. It has, for a bowl big enough to generously feed four people, 3 teaspoons of lentils. 

Woops. They are so small and bend in with everything, and they were so few, that I didn't know. Frankly, they looked like sesame seeds, just big and bloated from the water of the dish. Or pignoli nuts, but a bit small for that. I noticed them, but I didn't think much of it as we'd told her everything... And she'd already gone home by the time we sat down to eat.

So, the long and short of it is that I have consumed 1/4 of a dish of spinach that contained 3 teaspoons of lentils. Is that a do-over for me? Frankly, I think it's a very small portion and it's not, but I thought I'd ask the experts. 

Archived