Step 3: Commit

Picturegirl1

Trying to go into this Whole 30 in the correct frame of mind. I am committing to complete the Whole 30. This is my first time doing this. My husband and I are in desperate need of a health makeover. Poor choices unfortunately abound in our lives. We are starting tomorrow. Today I am going to hit the grocery store to get supplies. The more compliant foods I have in the house, the easier it will be for me to stay on track.

My goal, in addition to eating the correct foods, will be to log what we are eating. I am a bit nervous b/c every time I cut processed foods out of my life, I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Unfortunately I know that means my body is addicted to this horrible food. I'm hoping I can be strong through this low point. I printed out the part of the book that reminds me this isn't hard! I will read that reminder daily!

If you have any ideas or advice, I am here and very willing to listen. Thanks! For all of you success stories, keep up the good work, I hope to join you one day!!

• Moderators

One reason people feel bad during the first week of cutting processed foods is that their carb intake falls sharply. You can't avoid that entirely, but you can make sure to eat some starchy/carb dense veggies like sweet potato and butternut squash every day that first week to keep your energy levels up. 

Archived