Hooray for food logs!

buckeyeatheart

Hi everyone, just started today and so far so good! First whole30 for me so this may get a little rough in the "middle" weeks... We will deal with that when it comes down to it! I am trying to cut down on my unnecessary snacking (always do it when I am bored) and also stop the whole dessert/ reward mentality that resonated with me while reading ISWF. Without any further ado, here's what I ate! Feel free to comment, for good or bad! :)

Meal 1-- 2 egg omelet with 1/2 avocado, and baby carrots, onion, and zucchini sautéed in olive oil and spices

Snack-- I made coconut butter for the week and of course had to "sample" it along the way-- delicious, btw-- about 2T if I had to guess

Meal 2-- salad with baby spinach, a tomato, a bell pepper, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 apple, 1 chicken breast (cooked in clarified butter), scant handful walnuts, and 1T olive oil + apple cider vinegar as dressing

Meal 3-- about 1.5 slices buffalo chicken meatloaf (from paleomg.com), sautéed garlic broccoli (in clarified butter) and 1/2 baked sweet potato with maybe 1/2 T coconut butter on top

Snack-- few pieces of chopped up watermelon while watching gymnastics Olympics!

Thank you! Day 2

post- wod: leftover 1/2 sweet potato with coconut butter and some mashed leftover banana ( i never typically eat a specific post- workout meal, just breakfast, so this was new to me a bit),iced coffee with some coconut milk

meal 1: leftover sauteed veggies from yesterday ( zucchini, carrots, onion, and garlic broccoli) with 2 sunny side up eggs on top ( wasn't hungry for this at all, maybe because of the post- workout meal)

meal 2: stir fried onion, red and green bell peppers, yellow squash, and chicken with spices and coconut aminos (that's approved, right??) with 1/2 avocado and 1 tomato as a guacamole on top

snack: went over a friend'd, had 2-3 handfuls of pistachios ( those are addictinggggg) and some red bell pepper

meal 3: leftover stir fry from above (it was good so yes, I had the same thing again) with a salad of baby spinach, tomato, half bell pepper, half cucumber, strawberries and blueberries, some walnuts, and olive oil/fresh squeezed grapefruit juice as a vinaigrette

Overall, I feel VERY full. Like too full. I hate that because I feel like I am forcing myself to eat but I know I should. Hopefully tomorrow is better! DIdn't really feel any urge to eat anything I wasn't supposed to today. On to day 3!

Hi buckeyeatheart,

I like the name of your log! Looks like you are off to a good start. I love pistachios. It's funny I was eating more nuts before I started the Whole 30. I think I am too full now. I am going to have to check out the chicken meatloaf from above.

Archived