Starting February 21st - First Whole 30

kspexet

I am starting my first Whole 30 on February 21st.  I am currently at the highest weight I have ever been in my life and on medicatoin for high blood pressure.  I have alot of body aches and pains and I am very addicted to sugar!  I also have hypothyroidism and struggle with symptoms from that.

I have three goals that I would like to accomplish with the help of the Whole 30 system, 

1.) To get off of the roller coaster and take control of my eating

2.) To get off of my blood pressure medication

3.) Get in shape for my first walking half-marathon in May.

I'm starting on the 21st (today!) as well.  My first time with Whole30.  I'm in a little different place.  Maybe about 8 years ago, I took control of my life and began exercising regularly.  Since then, my eating habits and weight have cycled back and forth, but the exercise has always been there to help me stay on track.  After finishing my first marathon last year, I've had a little trouble focusing and my eating habits and food choices have been terrible.  And it's beginning to affect my running - the extra 15 pounds is hard on my joints, and I have little energy to put into the workouts.  Time to get refocused, and I think this 30 day plan will really help.  I'm hoping it will also help break a cycle that has led to increase migraines over the last three months.  I wish you and me both luck!

I'm starting today (21st) as well. I've decided to take control of my health. I've been Paleo before and failed as I had not formed the proper habits to stay the course. I'm excited to embark on this journey. My goals are to workout 3 days at the gym and 1 day at home each week, to eat 8 meals a week at the table and to lose 10 pounds during this Whole 30. Best of luck to everyone, whatever your start date!!

Day 1 - I am nervous and excited about doing this.  I have tried so many things to eat right and lose weight, but I have been unable to stick to any of them for a very long time.  I am tired of losing the same weight over and over again.

I started with two eggs, mushrooms, spinach and onions this morning.  Yum!  I also had a mandarin orange and of course, my coffee.

I'm starting today (21st) as well. I've decided to take control of my health. I've been Paleo before and failed as I had not formed the proper habits to stay the course. I'm excited to embark on this journey. My goals are to workout 3 days at the gym and 1 day at home each week, to eat 8 meals a week at the table and to lose 10 pounds during this Whole 30. Best of luck to everyone, whatever your start date!!

Good Luck!

I'm in! I really fell way off the wagon in the last two or three weeks and have fully felt all the bad effects. Reminded me of why I went whole30 in the first place. I'm hoping to stick it out until the next big family gathering in mid-April. Always like doing it with a group from the forum - the support and encouragement can't be beat!

Hi Dfroehlich,

Best wishes on your Whole30!  You CAN do this!

I started on Feb. 6th, so I had Valentine's Day in my immediate future.

I envisioned what my special dinner & night would look like for me...

because I made a promise to myself, "no slips/woops/well it's (       )  occasion.

I knew I'd have no prosecco, but instead Pellegrino in my champagne glass; delicious

king crab legs and clarified butter with asparagus & mixed greens salad

topped with a lemon vinaigrette.  I looked forward to it all the way up to 

Valentine's Day.  When the big night came I had a great night and didn't

feel deprived at all.  

Visualize what your April family gathering will look like ON W30.  You can do it!

Best wishes to you!   :)

Kspexet: I hope you are following the template with precision! You didn't identify any fats with that tasty breakfast, but your body needs them! You may find easier success with the accompanying positive outcomes when including fat... And watch the fruit use. I sound really "judgy" here, but that orange sounded desert-ish... Something that people like me have to monitor really closely when doing the W30 (and, honestly, I really should all the time). I hope you have had time to peruse the book and/ or all the resources on the website (how fruit should be part of the meal, not as a "treat" at the end of the meal). I hope your experience is wonderful!

Day 1 - I am nervous and excited about doing this.  I have tried so many things to eat right and lose weight, but I have been unable to stick to any of them for a very long time.  I am tired of losing the same weight over and over again.

I started with two eggs, mushrooms, spinach and onions this morning.  Yum!  I also had a mandarin orange and of course, my coffee.

Did you sign up for the emails?  They are pretty awesome....how was your first day?

Kspexet: I hope you are following the template with precision! You didn't identify any fats with that tasty breakfast, but your body needs them! You may find easier success with the accompanying positive outcomes when including fat... And watch the fruit use. I sound really "judgy" here, but that orange sounded desert-ish... Something that people like me have to monitor really closely when doing the W30 (and, honestly, I really should all the time). I hope you have had time to peruse the book and/ or all the resources on the website (how fruit should be part of the meal, not as a "treat" at the end of the meal). I hope your experience is wonderful!

Sorry, I didn't put everything down that I ate.  I used olive oil to cook my eggs and put coconut milk in my coffee (first time I tried it and I really liked it).  My plan is to have two servings of fruit per day as it indicated in the book.  Yesterday, I had the orange, strawberries and blueberries. Thanks for the tips.

Did you sign up for the emails?  They are pretty awesome....how was your first day?

No, not yet.  I will though.  My first day was very good.  When reading the book, my typical day sounded exactly like that.  I would eat my breakfast about 7:30am and by 10 I was hungry and would need a snack.  I would eat lunch at noon and then by 3:00pm, I was feeling like I needed a sugar rush.  Yesterday, that didn't happen at all.  It was very nice not to feel those highs and lows, but a steady comfortable full (ot over stuffed) feeling.  How about you?

No, not yet.  I will though.  My first day was very good.  When reading the book, my typical day sounded exactly like that.  I would eat my breakfast about 7:30am and by 10 I was hungry and would need a snack.  I would eat lunch at noon and then by 3:00pm, I was feeling like I needed a sugar rush.  Yesterday, that didn't happen at all.  It was very nice not to feel those highs and lows, but a steady comfortable full (ot over stuffed) feeling.  How about you?

I did sign up for the emails...they are loaded with tips, what to expect, encouragement and giggles!  I'm doing pretty ok on this....I was paleo before but derailed myself...so I'm ready to get back on track.

Weirdest thing....last night I dreamed I ate a slice of cheese pizza (which I can't stand) and got to the last bite and freaked out because I realized I would have to start over!!  lol...so silly

Wishing you continued success on day three!

You'll all be so proud of me! I am nearing...ahem...that time and am ravenous and cranky. But I'm so well trained from my last 2 whole30s and eating mostly compliant the rest of the time that when I went to the grocery store today with the FULL intention of getting soda, chocolate and chips that I still only came home with apples, carrots and peppers! :rolleyes: I can't even cheat properly any more.

On the flip side, because I'm cranky and bloaty I haven't been getting my daily quota of water. Working on that right now though.

You'll all be so proud of me! I am nearing...ahem...that time and am ravenous and cranky. But I'm so well trained from my last 2 whole30s and eating mostly compliant the rest of the time that when I went to the grocery store today with the FULL intention of getting soda, chocolate and chips that I still only came home with apples, carrots and peppers! :rolleyes: I can't even cheat properly any more.

On the flip side, because I'm cranky and bloaty I haven't been getting my daily quota of water. Working on that right now though.

Nice job!

So, this is probably going to sound weird, but I am not having any trouble following the whole30 food plan (at least so far, Day 5). I have not had any headaches, cravings, or been crabby, etc. .  Has anyone else experienced this?  It seems like my body likes me eating this way.  I feel like my old energetic self.  I did have a hard time sleeping on day 3, but last night I slept through the night and I felt really good when I got up. 

I keep reading the plan over and over again to make sure I am doing this correctly.  I don't get it.

So, this is probably going to sound weird, but I am not having any trouble following the whole30 food plan (at least so far, Day 5). I have not had any headaches, cravings, or been crabby, etc. .  Has anyone else experienced this?  It seems like my body likes me eating this way.  I feel like my old energetic self.  I did have a hard time sleeping on day 3, but last night I slept through the night and I felt really good when I got up. 

I keep reading the plan over and over again to make sure I am doing this correctly.  I don't get it.

I'm not having much trouble either....so far....the only thing is EVERY night :blink:... I eat JUNK in my dreams...the first night this happened was about day three and I ate cheese pizza, another night I ate brownies, another I drank wine and last night it was heat and serve rolls...at least it wasn't real.  Keep up the good work kspexet!! Great job Dfroehlich....get that water in and enjoy it!  Continued good luck to all! :)

I'm not having much trouble either....so far....the only thing is EVERY night :blink:... I eat JUNK in my dreams...the first night this happened was about day three and I ate cheese pizza, another night I ate brownies, another I drank wine and last night it was heat and serve rolls...at least it wasn't real.  Keep up the good work kspexet!! Great job Dfroehlich....get that water in and enjoy it!  Continued good luck to all! :)

I am having weird dreams, but not about food. Thanks for the good wishes and I hope you continue to have an easy time.  Don't give in to those dreams!

So, here I was cruising along my Whole 30 with minimal problems...sticking to the plan, eating plenty of delicious, good for me food, and feeling great!  Sunday (day 10)evening I began to cough a little, by Monday evening a had a sore throat to accompany that cough.....Tuesday morning rolled around and I was in pain....stayed home from work.  Things were even worse today, so much so(I won't go into graphic detail) I went to the Doctor.  I've managed to pick up an upper respiratory infection. 

Poo poo on that you say? I've not been sick enough to visit a Doctor in 14 years.  I've not been on antibiotics in at least as many years.

All that said....I am still compliant with Whole 30 standards....it is pure hell right now, to be this sick and not be able to take most medicines.  In fact, I would say, yes, I am in agony.  Gargling with salt water and drinking hot tea just doesn't cut it when you feel as though you've swallowed a box of razor blades.

I am not posting this for sympathy, or for get well wishes (that's not my style)....however when I get to the end of this Whole 30, having made it through the alien invasion of my lungs....I will be signing autographs, because yes, I am a rock star!! B)

Archived