Pushing the reset button - again!

JaseyLeigh

Made it to day 13 the first time around, got sick and drank some dayquil and poof!  Had to hit the reset button.  Although I continue to eat some compliant meals, I've been procrastinating jumping back in as I feel like I'm always scrambling with trying to come up with meals.  I've read the books, bookmarked the blogs, and everything I've made has been super delicious.  I just never seem to have the right food stocked and feel like I'm constantly at the grocery store and nonstop cooking. 

Any tips to simplify the process and get back on track?  I was feling pretty damn good before I fell off! 

Welcome back!

To keep it simple, find a way not to have to cook at every meal time.  For me, that has meant:

- rotating through a handful of baked frittata recipes that make 4-6 servings, so I cook once and have breakfast for 4-6 days
- having leftovers for lunch or have canned chicken or salmon, homemade mayo, celery and sweet potatoes always on hand for a quick, easy, no cook lunch

- cooking dinners that have more than I can eat in one sitting, so I have leftovers for at least 1-2 more meals.

- always have eggs, veggies, and compliant fats on hand. My veggie staples are spinach, cauliflower, carrots, sweet potatoes and string beans. My fat staples are clarified butter, coconut oil, raw cashews, homemade mayo and kalamata olives.

Archived