Starting Whole 30 on Monday, Feb. 24th

stephaniebuchanon2010

ok anyone who can help me with traveling and whole 30?  We are going to an archery tournament next weekend (day 14 ish).  I will be ok for sat morning as I can eat at home before we leave and bring a salad for lunch (5 hour car trip) but Im not sure what to do for dinner and then all meals the next day.  I didn't think my daughter would go to this tournament so I didn't think to wait to start the whole 30.  any tips would be great

Can you pack a cooler to bring with you?  This article has some great tips: http://whole9life.com/2011/07/whats-in-your-cooler/

If you end up dining out, here's an article with tips on that front: http://whole9life.com/2012/11/dining-out-whole30/

Today went well! Woke up feeling kinda junky but I think that is just the normal day 3 stuff. Drank a bottle of water and that really helped my headache out. I also had a headache on and off today, I attribute that to not drinking enough water throughout the day and not getting lunch until 230. So here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: coconut oil and almond milk in coffee + banana. I was running late so only had time to grab the banana. This was a MISTAKE, I was starving by 10am! Tomorrow I'm going to make sure to have eggs and veggies!

Lunch: big salad with chicken and lots of different veggies, olive oil+ red wine vinegar for dressing

Dinner: spinach, onion, and mushrooms sauteed in coconut oil with compliant pasta sauce and 3 eggs cooked in with them. This really was good!

I'm really proud of myself for not snacking, I usually do so out of boredom. I wanted something this afternoon but got tea instead. This evening I really wanted something sweet but drank water instead. So, my goals for tomorrow are: eat breakfast and drink more water throughout the day.

Hope everyone had a good day!

Hi, all -- just sending a shout-out to all you other "Feb 24th-ers!" Wishing you best of luck as we start Week 2. I had a good first week, ate clean, really tired on Days 1-3 but feel like my energy has turned the corner. Hardest thing for me is getting used to all the savory/umami flavors in my diet now...missing my after-dinner sugar treats! Also have eggs coming out of my eyeballs but I suppose there are worse things...Have been cooking from NomNomPaleo.com which is a godsend, for those of you who don't already know it. Lots of W30 compliant recipes.

So far so good but I seem to be always having the same thing.  I have 3 egg and veggie frittata and banana for breakfast.  a salad with chicken for lunch and sautéed veggies with a egg and a protein for dinner.  I'm not hungry but sometimes wonder if I'm getting enough to eat.  If I go workout, I try to have a piece or two of deli meat (usually ham)

How is everyone else doing?

So far so good but I seem to be always having the same thing.  I have 3 egg and veggie frittata and banana for breakfast.  a salad with chicken for lunch and sautéed veggies with a egg and a protein for dinner.  I'm not hungry but sometimes wonder if I'm getting enough to eat.  If I go workout, I try to have a piece or two of deli meat (usually ham)

How is everyone else doing?

Check your ham to ensure it's compliant: it's tricky to find compliant ham with no sugar, gluten, carrageenan or other nasties.

The PreWO recommendation is protein and optional fat.

For best results, we recommend all meals follow the meal template of 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies, and the appropriate amount of compliant fat per meal. 

I have the Hormel natural choice  Deli Ham.    It has Turbinado Sugar (duh missed that)  I wont eat it any more. I know we can eat almond butter but I see that has unrefined cane sugar.  Can we have that?

No, sorry, no sugar or sweetener in any amount on a Whole30.  

There are almond butters that exist without sugar - last I checked, Trader Joe's sells one.

Archived