former runner looking for a 5K training buddy

Brie0808

Hey everyone. I'm a former avid runner and am looking to easing back into it. I have some injuries I'm hoping the Whole30 lifestyle will help with. 

I was wondering if anyone is interested in doing a Couch to 5K, RunKeeper or other 5K training program you may love. 

Let me know!!!!

Hi Brie,

I miss trail running, although I'm not sure if I'm that into cardio right now.  Maybe, though, especially with a partner.  Whole30 fuel and warmer weather are also good reasons, right?

I was using a training schedule that I think I got from Runner's World.  It wasn't set like the C25k.  Instead, it let you read your body for distance and time each week.  I liked it a lot more.  I'll look for it and we can talk more.  :-)

Nico

Awesome. I was never a big fan of the C25K either, but it seems to be a universal training strategy. I love Runner's World and actually remember looking at their training schedules before. I'll go diving for it too. 

C'mon you guys! You know it will be fun!!!!

So, my husband and I moved since I was doing the 5k training and I can't find any training logs.  :-(  He and I both looked and I have no idea what happened.  Anyway, I do know it involved a lot of intervals and this one looks similarly forgiving: http://www.mayoclinic.org/5k-run/art-20050962?pg=2

My legs can take me many more miles than my lungs ever could.  Whole30 has helped with what me be asthma, though.

I'm not one to commit and quit, so I still have my reservations about Winter.  I have my bike on an indoor trainer, but have no access to a treadmill.  I do think it would be fun to be working towards a common goal.

Do you have an event selected?  I think it is timely that you started this thread the day that I got notification of a color run.  I got another message about it today.  lol

Archived