Fruit Roll-ups I made in my dehydrator?

jhmomi

If I only have a small piece as a portable snack perhaps with a few almonds, would this be ok? Pureed strawberries and unsweetened applesauce in my VitaMix and then dried it. No other ingredients. Made it for my kids but sometimes I take a bite of it. It's actually very sweet so I never want very much.

Is it too paleofied to have a little every now and then?

Well, the ingredients are compliant -- it seems like it would fall in the same category as dried fruit or Larabars, which are on the "limit" list but not totally excluded. It's basically dried fruit.

Don't rely too heavily on it, I'd say, even with nuts. A couple of times during my first Whole30, I substituted a Larabar for food and ended up with the munchies.

befabdaily - Sounds like you look at it as I do. Technically ok, but not the best choice. It's really not my favorite, but often I take a nibble of what my kids have for snack or lunch. It's just one of many things I will avoid or severely limit that are in my home. Larabars are just too darn good. I eat one and it just makes me want another one. I have no plans to have any of those for this Whole30. I knew they would be an issue before and I think only bought one to have during my first Whole30. Have to stay away from anything more than a few nuts or coconut flakes this time too. Both are super easy for me to overdo. Breaking my nibble/snack/graze habit is one of my goals for this Whole30.

Archived