Start Date Feb 25

emmyeastman

Hello new Whole30 family!

My name is Emily and I am starting my Whole30 tomorrow, February 25 with my husband, Phil. I heard about Whole30 from a friend I cheered with in college, she started her 2nd round today! 

Phil and I went grocery shopping this afternoon to get ready for week 1. I think we may have over-done it in the fruit and veggie area. I got a lot because I didn't want to run out near the end of the week and think I could eat out or eat something non-compliant. Hopefully we eat it all (or close to it) by the end of the week so we don't waste anything! I'm sure next week's grocery shopping will be easier. 

We have been married 4 years and have both put on at least 35 pounds since getting married. Most of last year, I did Weight Watchers and lost 26 pounds, but gained back 15 over the holiday season. We both feel sluggish, tired, and bloated. I experience a lot of headaches and find myself feeling very uncomfortable in my own skin. I feel better now than I did this time last year, but I know that I have a long way to go before I can really feel good and healthy again. 

We want to do Whole30 to help reset our minds and bodies to want good food, to reap the health benefits, to lose weight, and to feel better. Another major goal of ours is to get pregnant soon and we both really want to be healthy first and continue to live healthy lives so we can teach our children to be healthy too. 

Anyway, we are both very excited and looking forward to this new challenge and lifestyle we have chosen.  Thanks in advance for your support and encouragement!

Archived