Day 4- felt like a vampire smelling sugar today!

blakemg

So First three days were not bad - a little tired but I actually was not hungry and miraculously not craving sugar too much (let me caveat by saying I am a sugar ADDICT - like I feel like I should have a three day chip for not eating chocolate for three days - so I was pleasantly surprised and proud I made it three days) - Today all of a sudden I was craving carbs and sugar.  My  4 year old son begged for a PB&J for lunch - so I busted out the whole wheat bread and just the whiff of fresh soft bread - then the peanut butter and fresh raspberry jam  - I could literally smell the sugar! I joked to my husband I felt like a vampire in one of those twilight movies trying not to eat the people! But I made it.  I went upstairs and did some sit-ups. Took a deep breath. Grabbed some macadamia nuts  (those things are new to me and feel like a really yummy treat) and had some tea.  Anyway - slated the dragon today - and as a true addict - today is what matters.  Hope I can do it again tomorrow!! 

Well done!

I definitely used nuts as a bit of a crutch during my first week but am now trying to rely less on them. For example as soon as I get home from work, ravenous, about to cook dinner, eat 4 or 5 cashews... however it doesn't really fit the meal template so I'm trying to stop doing that now.

Whatever gets you through with the sugar dragon in these first few days!

If you can, quickly adapt to the three meals a day with no snacking in between.. make sure you're eating enough.. and the sugar dragon should be easier to keep at bay :)

Welcome! I have noticed that if I eat a lot of carby veggies in the morning it awakens my sugar dragon and I crave sugar for the rest of the day. You might want to limit sweet potatoes, yams, spaghetti squash, carrots and beets and see if that is the same for you. If you do intensive workouts you may need the carbs so you will have to listen to your body. 

Thank you!  And - yea no - I did not eat any carboy veggies (had a mushroom/tomatoe/onion egg scramble and tea) - I did have kind of a weak salad for lunch - not quite enough protein or fat or spice/flavor and I think that was my big mistake.  

And yes - definitely trying not to snack - I find I am really not that hungry most of the day but around 4/5 is when the temptation hits and I grab just 3/4 nuts or maybe 2/3 olives.  yesterday (in attempt to stop the snacking and stop the nuts) I made an artichoke - I thought - well it will take at least 30 - 40 minutes to cook and when its done if I still feel hungry then I can eat it with a little paleo mayo/lemon. By the time it was done - I had drinken two glasses of water and I was actually ok - so saved it for dinner (an early dinner!) and called it a day.  Think I need to go buy some more artichokes! 

Archived