Starting July 31

Marci

I'm starting the Whole 30 tomorrow...July 31st. One week after my 40th birthday. I've decided that 20+ years is entirely too long to be addicted to and ruled by sugar and my unhealthy eating habits that go along with it. I did a whole 30 back in Feb. 2012, but just ended up substituting dried fruit and lara bars for the sugar that I was not eating. Didn't help slay the sugar dragon one bit. So this 30 days, or more if necessary, will be about avoiding all sugars that trigger binges...even the "natural" ones. Feeling excited, but nervous about the 10 day camping trip with family that falls right in the middle of my 30 days. Looking forward to keeping in touch with others doing this August Whole 30!

I started today too. Also did Whole30 #1 in February. Feel great about this one because I know I CAN do a Whole30. Now its time to work on HOW I do my Whole30...

This time I will stay off the scale. And keep nuts and dried fruit to once or twice a week treats but no more. And there will be no almond butter or big coconut flakes for the next 30 days either. This time I want to focus more on my meals and limit my snacks.

Best of luck to you for your Whole30!

I'm enjoying a big splash of coconut milk in my morning coffee right now as I'm walking on the treadmill at my gym...

Archived