Sealants on teeth?

sweetrunning

HI all, My daughter was told today at dentist she should get sealants. She's 7, no cavities and they said insurance pays for it. I don't care if they do, I'm reading they get exposed to BPA when they get them and it's not good for them potentially. I'm not sure what it will do, won't she lose these teeth anyway in the next couple of years? Not like they have to last that long anyways. I'm questioning putting something into my kids body that doesn't have to go there. My husband took the girls and made an appointment for MOnday, but let me know your thoughts. I might cancel. Thanks!

Laura

From my experience, Sealants go on molars, usually. They are put in to "fill in the gaps" to prevent from cavities forming.Having a cavity filling to me is worse than sealants, puts you at risk having more issues with your teeth.  Eventually they can fall out over the years. I don't know the research re BPA. I got them when I was younger because I had deep pit in my molars. I still have mine many years later. I would do some more research. Good luck on finding your answer. I guess nowadays nothing is safe or clean any more :-/

Archived