Started the Whole30 today, can't wait to feel better

robrom504

Greetings All,

Although I began eating paleo-ish on Wednesday at the beginning of Lent, I didn't officially start my Whole30 by the book until today. I'm not completely new to the concept. I have flirted and made half-hearted attempts to eat paleo, paleo-zone, primal, etc.....But I have never given up the milk and agave nectar or stevia in my coffee. I've never gone the full 30 days without having consuming alcohol. I've had 5 day work weeks where I've eaten 99.9% Whole30, only to pound beers, pizza and ice cream on the weekend. 

But this kind of up and down lifestyle has left me continually fatigued and demotivated. I'm ready to unlock the full potential of truly rested and sufficiently fueled body. Day 1 has been a success and I'm so excited I already feel better. Can't wait to see how I feel in 29 days. 

If you are drinking full caffeine in your coffee and you decide you want to give it up you may want to try 1/2 regular and 1/2 decaf when you brew it. I did this for about 2 weeks and then switched to decaf. Now I rarely drink coffee. Also you might want to try canned coconut milk in your coffee. (boxed coconut milk usually has carrageenan which is not compliant). There is another forum with other ideas for drinking coffee without milk or sweetener. You can also try green tea, just make sure it's compliant and doesn't have any soy lecithin, stevia or other sweeteners. Good Luck!

Archived