Michelle's first Whole 30

mlum007

day 1

I had a pretty good day.  Not everything went as planned but I still ate my 3 meals, walked on my breaks and went to spin class.

Breakfast

Vietnamese Chicken salad- chicken(dark and light), cabbage, carrots and daikon, vinegar.  was running late so there was no mint, cilantro. 

lunch

Beef stew- beef ( browned in olive oil) carrots, celery, onion, butternut squash and spinach

dinner

meat loaf- ground pork, ground beef, garlic and onion powder.  Salad- spring greens, roasted broccoli, grapefruit and homemade dressing- mustard, apple cider vinegar, olive oil. 

All I drank today was water.  

Day 2

Today was a little hard. Trying to keep drama from work at work. It's hard, since I gave my 2 wks notice yesterday and I am trying to step my new home office. Crazy weather today, I only walked on 2 of my work breaks and just ate 3 meals.

Breakfast

Vietnamese chicken salad

Beef stew- with butternut sqaush and spinach

Dinner

Vietnamese chicken salad

I love left overs.

Day 3

Today was a little harder. I wasn't satisfy with lunch(it was a little smaller portion than yesterday).  I am following the AIP Whole 30- no eggs, nuts, night shade vegetables.   I haven't had eggs or nightshade vegetables since 2/11/14.   I am starting to miss salsa.  I will try and make pineapple or mango salad this weekend.   I am cooking 4 sweet potatoes right now.  I will eat one whole sweet  potato a day between breakfast and lunch.  I find them more satisfying with those meals.   

Breakfast

Vietnamese chicken salad

lunch

beef stew- with butternut squash and spinach

dinner

new York strip steak- salad with avocado, asparagus, mushrooms, mixed greens. dressing- mustard, apple cider vinegar and olive oil.

Day 4

breakfast

steak- sweet potato and sauerkraut

lunch

chicken thigh- sweet potato, sauerkraut

new York strip steak, salad with avocado. mushroom, mixed greens, dressing mustard, apple cider vinegar, olive oil.

I thought it was in the bag- but no.  My sweet son left an open bag of trader joes mixed nuts with chocolate. I finished the bag before I knew it.  I am still trying to pick my next start date.  I think Sunday.  I am disappointed, but it's not the end of the world.

Day 1 is today!

Breakfast

Asian beef spinach and sweet potato

lunch

steak, sweet potato and sauerkraut

dinner

chicken breast, spring mixed salad, artichoke, avocado with mustard dressing.

busy day- trying to plan next week meals-

Day 2

breakfast

steak, sauerkraut, spinach

lunch

steak, sauerkraut, spinach

dinner

streak, asparagus, roasted cabbage, grapefruit, grape

hike around Garden of Gods for 1.5 hrs.  Roasted cabbage, made Vietnamese salad, roasted sweet potatoes for next week.

Day 4- I made it this time

Breakfast

chicken, cabbage, onion and spinach

lunch

chicken cabbage, onion and spinach

dinner

steak, avocado, grapefruit and sweet potato

My last day at work is Friday.  My  co-workers are going to have a salad potluck for me.  This is really kind, but I can't eat most of the  stuff they are making.  I am going t bring tuna and my own salad dressing. 

Day 5

breakfast

chicken, sweet potatoes, spinach

lunch

chicken, sweet potatoes, spinach

Vietnamese chicken salad, grapefruit

1 day longer than last time.  Out of protein.  Tomorrow I will have tuna  for breakfast & lunch.   In about 85 days, I can try eggs again.  But since it's so far away- I don't want to think about it.   

day 6

breakfast

tuna, capers, avocado

lunch

tuna, capers. avocado

dinner

pork roast, cabbage, onion, grapefruit

Tomorrow is my going away party at work.  They don't understand what I am doing.  I am bringing tuna, spring mix, mustard dressing.

day 7

breakfast

pork roast, sweet potato

lunch

tuna, capers, black olive, spring lettuce, mustard dressing, pineapple

snack

pineapple-   it was my going away potluck at work.  my co-worker bought a white chocolate raspberries Bundt cake (which I  cut an serve), I notice the cake looked good but smelled too sweet.  But I made people uncomfortable because I wasn't eating.  So I had some fresh pineapple.     

dinner

chicken thighs, sweet potato, pineapple

Cruising around here... Thanks for the idea of capers! I have some and never think of eating them! I'm glad you like leftovers and are tweaking your meals to make them delicious and satisfying. ! It reduces some of the planning/ kitchen time needed for a successful 30-day run. Good luck!

Looks like you are doing great! Isn't it amazing how other people can feel uncomfortable by what you are eating or not eating. I guess food is so social that people feel insulted you are not participating with everyone else.

I don't see a lot of fat in your meal blogs. I am hoping you just don't want to write a novel about what your are eating. Make sure you are following the meal planning template. http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf.  If you are not eating enough fat it could be why you had a moment of weakness during for first run. I don't see a lot of fruit either. Although fruit is not a requirement it can add some enjoyment to your meals. 

After a full all day on the computer at work, I am pretty lazy at night. I cook everything in coconut oil or olive oil.  In my salad dressing I use olive oil and I don't drain the fat from the cooked meat.   I don't eat a lot of fruit, one because I am on a tight budget and my son doesn't eat fruit.  So I spend more money on veggies.  He does eat his veggies. 

Day 8

Breakfast

chicken thighs( bone/skin)  grapefruit

lunch

chicken thighs, turkey patty, spring mix, artichoke and mustard dressing( mustard, olive oil, apple cider vinegar)

dinner

pork stew- pork(browned in olive oil) onion, butternut squash, mushroom, spinach

Day 10

Breakfast

chicken thighs and sweet potato

lunch

chicken thighs and cucumber radish salad

dinner

pork shoulder, cliantro sauce(cliantro, garlic, olive oil) grapefruit

today I was my 1st new job.  Too much excitement,   wasn't hungry all day. 

Day 12

breakfast

pork, sauerkraut, sweet potato

lunch

pork, sauerkraut, sweet potato

dinner

Vietnamese inspire bone broth,  turkey meatballs

day 13

breakfast

chicken thigh, spinach, sweet potato, sauerkraut 

lunch

chicken thigh, spinach, sweet potato sauerkraut 

dinner

chicken breast, asparagus , grapefruit

work at home is going pretty good food wise.  But having problems getting my exercise.  I am used to walking on my 15 min break and 30 lunch.  Hopefully after training it will get easier.

Archived