Round 2 Starting 3/13/14

aau3

Hi everyone,

I am starting my second Whole 30. I did my last one almost a full year ago. I haven't quite felt as good since I finished, so I decided to start again. I strategically planned this one, so I do not have any planned traveling for the whole 30 days. I am open to questions, and I am excited to have the support once again. Cheers:)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone,

I would love to begin tomorrow with you all. This would be my first whole30. After clearing out my kitchen and setting myself up for success I am hoping that I can resist all temptations and make it thru for my own health sake. I have read the book cover to cover and it all makes so much sense. It would seem that this year has been hard on my digestive system and doctors believe I have a severe form of IBS as well as a allergy to gluten which causes me to become seriously ill and break out in the worst rash ever on my chest and face that takes weeks to heal. Needless to say I need this more than ever and would love to have a group I can encourage and in return get encouragement from. 

Hey guys!  I am really slow to join the forum...this is my first post. thought I could do this without the forum, but it may have helped.   I am actually on day 26 of my first whole30!!  Feeling really good physically...but I've decided to roll right over into a 2nd whole30 because even though i've stayed within the food guidelines I have been binge eating on nuts for the past week...like so much so that my jaw is killing me!!  So I'm going to commit to fully embracing the whole30 philosophy...gotta break the emotional/compulsive eating thing I have going on and actually write down some goals and take time out to eat with the family and not stand in my kitchen, bag in hand, and moaw on pecans and almonds.  So I finish up Monday the 17th and will keep on going!  Good luck to you all!  

Hey ladies! I'm starting tomorrow. Can I join in??? I'm so nervous! aau3 and Lacey, I'm glad to hear that you've also struggled with negative emotions in the beginning. This morning when I was having my last cup of coffee with sugar and milk I felt genuine grief! LOL. It's funny but not funny--food is so emotional!

Here's to giving our all, breaking through, and sticking together!

Hey there - I'm in day 2, this is my second Whole30. I was successful the first time because it was new/challenging, but I eventually (over the course of a year) slid back into old habits. I made it 17 days in February but lost motivation - I'm officially tired of feeling "icky" and am hoping joining a forum this time around will make all the difference! Good luck to everyone as we enter the "hangover" days - I promise it gets better! ;)

Thanks aau3!  And you got this!  I think day 1 has some of the hardest challenges...so congrats!  And wholereese902 I felt the same way about coffee...I used to say I'd rather not drink it at all than drink it black...yuck!!!  But I will tell you, I poured myself a cup of plain ol black coffee this morning and really enjoyed it!  Its def different, and it takes some getting used to , but it can be done and whats really cool is seeing how much your tastebuds will be changing over the next 30 days.  So stick with it...I stopped getting the bitter shakes, you know the whole body bleck shake after sips about 4 days in to drinking coffee black.  And my mom couldn't be happier to say I told you so about it.    

Day 27 for me!  And nuts are out completely...little nervous about that...just need to figure out another snack for the time being.  Good luck all!!

Hey there - I'm in day 2, this is my second Whole30. I was successful the first time because it was new/challenging, but I eventually (over the course of a year) slid back into old habits. I made it 17 days in February but lost motivation - I'm officially tired of feeling "icky" and am hoping joining a forum this time around will make all the difference! Good luck to everyone as we enter the "hangover" days - I promise it gets better! ;)

I just joined the forum yesterday and I think it will be hugely beneficial too!  We're all going through this together, so I hope you can find some strength in that!  Good luck today!

Hey ladies! I'm starting tomorrow. Can I join in??? I'm so nervous! aau3 and Lacey, I'm glad to hear that you've also struggled with negative emotions in the beginning. This morning when I was having my last cup of coffee with sugar and milk I felt genuine grief! LOL. It's funny but not funny--food is so emotional!

Here's to giving our all, breaking through, and sticking together!

You're not far from me...I'm down in Richmond!!  Yay east coast...haha

I was supposed to restart yesterday but I couldn't confront it. I just finished a whole30 on 3/2 and was supposed to continue for another month or 2 and the sugar dragon got me. I have done 4 days of really bad eating and have of course made myself very sick. I am starting today and would like to jump on with you. I am re-organizing my kitchen and my brother has offered to put his food in an entirely different cupboard so I don't even have to see his things. That is very kind of him and I am thinking of taking him up on that offer. I am also re-organizing the fridge. Right now he has the middle shelf and I have the top and bottom. I am going to change it to me having the two top shelves and see if that helps. I am just really having a problem being ok with not being able to ever eat wheat and dairy again, among other things as well. I know that I am very sensitive to them and they make me feel sick. I have leaky gut and am working on getting that healed so it is really important that I stay on this way of eating.

Today I do feel like crap but that was from yesterday. I am doing a bunch of cooking today. I am making some ground beef and lamb. Then maybe some beef and lamb meatballs. Making some quick frozen emergency meals and cooking up some bok choy, swiss chard, green beans, and artichoke.

So glad everyone is rallying!

DAY 1 is complete! Wooooot!!! It was pretty good! I even survived lunch out with colleagues thanks to a lovely salad bar AND my first cup (ever) of black coffee. Gittmo, thanks so much for your thoughts on this. I actually made the coffee with more water than usual and drank it slowly so I wouldn't get jittery. I honestly enjoyed it more than I thought I would, and WAY more than when I've tried it in the past with coconut milk. Blech!! So black it is from now on. :)

Feelin' good, gals! Keep up the good work.

Can I join in too?  

I am starting my second Whole30 on Monday 3/17....  I did my first one last year around this time and I felt amazing afterwards.  From April to November I felt great, I stuck to a Paleo diet....

But then the holidays rolled in and it all went to hell.  Every Monday I would "start over" and then by Friday I would fail miserably!  I reasoned with myself that if I was good during the week, then it was ok to indulge during the weekend... But then the indulgences would start earlier and earlier in the week.  I gained weight, my stamina in exercise is waning, and I get that horrible foggy, sleepy, brainless feeling around 3pm every day... Yuck! 

I am officially hitting the reset button on Monday! I can't wait to feel great again! 

Good luck everyone!  

Archived