Round 2 Starting 3/13/14

aau3

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was a trying day for me. I was pretty tired and unfocused. This confused me, because I have felt descent for the first 6 days. I am hoping day 8 will bring better feelings. Hope everyone is doing well!

Today was a trying day for me. I was pretty tired and unfocused. This confused me, because I have felt descent for the first 6 days. I am hoping day 8 will bring better feelings. Hope everyone is doing well!

I checked out your food log...looks great to me!  Thanks for sharing.  Its nice to see what others are eating.  I hope you're day 8 has been better than your day 7!  Keep it up...you're very inspiring to me!  I backed off on my workouts through my whole 30...went down to twice a week instead of the usual 4-5 workouts.  So I love that you're still going strong.   I'm ramping mine back up now.

Huh! That's an interesting development, but I think totally understandable. You'll make it over this hump! Just keep swimming! Keep us updated

Thanks!  I'm feeling back on track today!  Man that was no fun.  Cravings are tough.  I've been really chugging water today, with lemon...keeping myself focused.  It's so good.  Have you made any more ghee?

I checked out your food log...looks great to me!  Thanks for sharing.  Its nice to see what others are eating.  I hope you're day 8 has been better than your day 7!  Keep it up...you're very inspiring to me!  I backed off on my workouts through my whole 30...went down to twice a week instead of the usual 4-5 workouts.  So I love that you're still going strong.   I'm ramping mine back up now.

Thanks! The first time I did the Whole30, I limited how much I worked out. This time, I did not want to change my routine. It's not easy finding the energy, but I already feel my body kind of changing so I think it's definitely helping the process. Keep going girl! You are inspiring me to get through the next 22 days!

How is everyone doing?  Still well, I hope!  I am on day 4 (I started a day late so that I could enjoy St. Paddy's Day!).  Yesterday was hellish, I hated everyone around me.  But I made it through and today was pretty good!  I still am getting really tired during the day.  But the difference is that I just feel tired, not foggy headed and starving and tired in the afternoon.     

Does anyone have any suggestions for post-workout meals?  I always workout in the morning (around 5am), so my post-workout meal is before meal 1.  I don't know if I can stomach cold meat and vegetables at that hour.  Because of my schedule I don't have time to heat something up and sit and eat it.  It has to be cold and portable!  I welcome any suggestions!

Thanks!  Keep up the good work everyone! 

How is everyone doing?  Still well, I hope!  I am on day 4 (I started a day late so that I could enjoy St. Paddy's Day!).  Yesterday was hellish, I hated everyone around me.  But I made it through and today was pretty good!  I still am getting really tired during the day.  But the difference is that I just feel tired, not foggy headed and starving and tired in the afternoon.     

Does anyone have any suggestions for post-workout meals?  I always workout in the morning (around 5am), so my post-workout meal is before meal 1.  I don't know if I can stomach cold meat and vegetables at that hour.  Because of my schedule I don't have time to heat something up and sit and eat it.  It has to be cold and portable!  I welcome any suggestions!

Thanks!  Keep up the good work everyone! 

Hi! I am doing pretty well. Today was day 9, and my body just seems less weighed down. Day 7 was my roughest day of all- just tired and lacked energy. I am honestly not good with post-workout meals. I usually eat one of my main meals within an hour of a workout, so thats what works for me. I would say a sweet potato, hard bodied egg, or nuts are a good combo, but I guess it would depend on you. I am never in the mood to eat right after a workout. Sounds like you are doing great though!

Thanks aau3!  Glad you are feeling good!  I tried just eating my meal 1 about an hour after, the only problem is that then I get hungry (and hangry) between meals!  I guess I can eat something other than eggs for meal 1 and then it doesn't matter what I have for my post work out meal....

Today is day 5, it was ridiculously hard to get out of bed this am and I slept an extra hour and a half longer than normal!  We are having a party at work and there are donuts, cupcakes, chips and dip... And I know I am not hungry, but I feel like I need to eat them all!  Trying to keep busy so I don't!  Wish me luck!!

Thanks aau3!  Glad you are feeling good!  I tried just eating my meal 1 about an hour after, the only problem is that then I get hungry (and hangry) between meals!  I guess I can eat something other than eggs for meal 1 and then it doesn't matter what I have for my post work out meal....

Today is day 5, it was ridiculously hard to get out of bed this am and I slept an extra hour and a half longer than normal!  We are having a party at work and there are donuts, cupcakes, chips and dip... And I know I am not hungry, but I feel like I need to eat them all!  Trying to keep busy so I don't!  Wish me luck!!

Hope day 5 went well!! Sounds like you had to use some will power!

Thanks!  I'm feeling back on track today!  Man that was no fun.  Cravings are tough.  I've been really chugging water today, with lemon...keeping myself focused.  It's so good.  Have you made any more ghee?

Glad you're feeling better! No, haven't had the time yet to get to the ghee. But I think tomorrow is the day. Won't be making that mistake again. :)

It's so interesting to see how many of us actually struggled on Days 7-8, when Melissa and Dallas say that you should start feeling good around then! Today is my day 8 and it was ROUGH. Every moment was a struggle. I was moody, negative, dragging, exhausted, and just plain angry. Up until today I've been a giant ray of freaking sunshine. Then--storm clouds. But it's so good to know others also struggled at this point. Sigh...headed to bed and hoping for some energy and motivation tomorrow. Hope you're all doing well.

Hello ladies!

I am doing well so far. Lots of fatique and annoyance but knowing that I am right in line with the timeline is helping with that. The weekends and errand running has always been a challenge for me in the past and I am happy to report that yesterday, we were gone from home for almost 12 hours and I stayed OP.

I packed a lunch and snack and ate dinner at Chipotle.

Hello ladies!

I am doing well so far. Lots of fatique and annoyance but knowing that I am right in line with the timeline is helping with that. The weekends and errand running has always been a challenge for me in the past and I am happy to report that yesterday, we were gone from home for almost 12 hours and I stayed OP.

I packed a lunch and snack and ate dinner at Chipotle.

Great job, christiei! Sounds like you are doing great!

Day 6 and feeling ok.  I did a long run this morning, and while it was not my fastest time (by far!) I felt good during the run.  Now my body is dragging!  My brain feels good, I feel more clear-headed.  But still overall tired.... I guess that is par for the course! 

Does anyone have any delicious recipes that they have tried since they started?  My biggest problem is thinking of things to eat that a) I will not get sick of, B) are good for leftovers and c) my husband and kids will eat!!  

For the sake of sharing: 

Here is one chicken recipe that I discovered during my first whole30, I have some on the grill now!  

Greek Chicken

2 lbs chicken breasts

1/4 c fresh  lemon juice

3 Tbsp olive oil

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper

1 Tbsp fresh oregano chopped

2 tsp chopped garlic

1/4 c grated onion (I just mince it in food processor)

Mix together all ingredients except chicken, pour over chicken and marinade for 2 hours up to over night. 

Grill chicken on medium-high heat grill for 6 minutes per side and then rest on grill turned off for 5 minutes. 

This chicken is so good with a plate full of olives, cucumber slices, tomato and red onion.  Or over salad!  

I am trying a new recipe right now for breakfasts this week.  Chorizo beef over sweet potato kale hash.  I'll let you know how it turns out!

Day 6 and feeling ok.  I did a long run this morning, and while it was not my fastest time (by far!) I felt good during the run.  Now my body is dragging!  My brain feels good, I feel more clear-headed.  But still overall tired.... I guess that is par for the course! 

Does anyone have any delicious recipes that they have tried since they started?  My biggest problem is thinking of things to eat that a) I will not get sick of, B) are good for leftovers and c) my husband and kids will eat!!  

For the sake of sharing: 

Here is one chicken recipe that I discovered during my first whole30, I have some on the grill now!  

Greek Chicken

2 lbs chicken breasts

1/4 c fresh  lemon juice

3 Tbsp olive oil

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper

1 Tbsp fresh oregano chopped

2 tsp chopped garlic

1/4 c grated onion (I just mince it in food processor)

Mix together all ingredients except chicken, pour over chicken and marinade for 2 hours up to over night. 

Grill chicken on medium-high heat grill for 6 minutes per side and then rest on grill turned off for 5 minutes. 

This chicken is so good with a plate full of olives, cucumber slices, tomato and red onion.  Or over salad!  

I am trying a new recipe right now for breakfasts this week.  Chorizo beef over sweet potato kale hash.  I'll let you know how it turns out!

Those both sound delicious!!  If you're a chili fan then theres a chocolate chili recipe on theclothesmakethegirl.com blog...shes the author of the Well Fed and Well Fed 2 cookbooks.  Its listed as My favorite Chili recipe in her recipe index.  I'm drawing a blank on her name right now, but shes paleo and has a lot of whole 30 compliant recipes.  The chili is excellent, easy to make, and heats up nicely for lunches.  I've eaten it with a sweet potato and eggs for bfast or with a salad for lunch.  I'll probably be making another pot of it this week.  And congrats on making it through the office party the other day!  I'm on day 8 of my 2nd whole 30 and had to fight some pretty intense cravings last week...all mental, but it can be tough! 

Sounds like everyone is doing great and staying on course.  Congrats guys!!!  My weekend was super busy...I feel like if I wasn't eating this way I would be exhausted.  My energy levels are holding steady, no more ups and downs or brain fog.  Its pretty amazing.   

I've been eating a bolied egg before working out in the morning...I'm a 5 am-er aslo.  And then I've found that if I make my 1st meal within the hour and pretty hardy then I'm not hungry between meals.  So I will eat sweet potato, greens, eggs, and sometimes avocado.  And on the days I add the avocado I feel the best.  I think the fat really helps. So I'm experimenting with that and trying to pay better attention to it.  

Last night I had a dream that I was eating red velvet cake and it had the words "not paleo enough" on it. I have been paleo for 4 years and this was the first time I have had a dream like that.

Feeling good today. I am sleeping like a rock and for much longer than before.

Today is day 8.

I totally had a dream last night about ruining my Whole30 because I ate pizza. I am not even a big pizza fan, so it was really weird. I was so glad to wake up knowing that I had not messed this Whole30 up. Day 12 for me, and I am going strong!

Hey Ladies-- Glad everyone is doing well. I made it through the "storm clouds" and am feeling great. I can feel my body changing, I have way more energy, and yesterday I woke up with the shiniest hair I've ever had and got compliments on it all day. :) These small changes are such huge motivation!

As far as recipes are concerned, I made a new one yesterday that I'm in LOVE with! http://robbwolf.com/2013/01/06/sweet-potato-chili/

It's Rob Wolf' sweet potato chili and it's YUM. Add avocado slices for a complete meal that will give you energy for hours. And the leftovers will last for days.

Have a great day!

Those both sound delicious!!  If you're a chili fan then theres a chocolate chili recipe on theclothesmakethegirl.com blog...shes the author of the Well Fed and Well Fed 2 cookbooks.  Its listed as My favorite Chili recipe in her recipe index.  I'm drawing a blank on her name right now, but shes paleo and has a lot of whole 30 compliant recipes.  The chili is excellent, easy to make, and heats up nicely for lunches.  I've eaten it with a sweet potato and eggs for bfast or with a salad for lunch.  I'll probably be making another pot of it this week.  And congrats on making it through the office party the other day!  I'm on day 8 of my 2nd whole 30 and had to fight some pretty intense cravings last week...all mental, but it can be tough! 

Is that the Chocolate Chili?  I LOVE that one.  I actually have the ingredients for that in my fridge now.  I am planning on making it this week, so good.  

I have been having crazy dreams too!  I haven't had any food ones yet, but I remember them from last time.... I had similar ones when I was pregnant that I would be out drinking and then suddenly remember I was pregnant!  SO funny.  

Today is day 8 for me.  I had the strangest craving this morning.  I was getting stuff out to make breakfast and my eye caught site of some sour cream.  All the sudden I had the overwhelming urge to eat a huge spoonful of it.  Ugh, I am sick thinking of it now... But I really almost did it!   

I keep looking at the timeline to see when to expect the burst of energy...  It better come soon, I am doing my first triathlon on Sunday!  

It is snowing here near Philly AGAIN.  But I had a delicious meal on the grill planned and I'll be damned if Mother Nature gets in my way.  Tonight is dry rubbed flank steak, baked jersey white sweet potatoes and grilled broccoli with lemon and garlic.  I can hardly wait!  I have been getting really excited about meals lately... Even leftovers...  Weird?!  

Archived