april 1 it is!

jodiren

After getting a diagnosis of fibromyalgia, my doctor suggested the Whole 30 to help with my healing. My official start day is April 1 but I have already reduced my diet to veggie, fruits, meats and a few sugar cheats here and there. Going need all the support I can get!

• Moderators

Welcome.

Let me suggest a few adjustments in how you think about things. You have expanded the menu of your diet to a great variety of meats, fish, and poultry, every vegetable known to humankind, fruit, and healthy fats like coconut, avocado, olives, and various nuts. Calling the way we eat restricted is false. 

There is no such thing as cheating in the Whole9/Whole30 world. You can eat anything you want (except when you are doing a Whole30). You can eat anything that is worth it to you, but we ask that you seriously consider if what you are eating is worth what it costs you in terms of your health and well-being. If grandma's cookies are worth it to you, enjoy grandma's cookies, but think twice about mindlessly eating M&Ms from a dish in the break room at work. We are surrounded by crap that really is not worth it. We should save eating things that make us less health to special occasions when the treat is wonderfully tasty and holds some special significance in our lives because of who made it, the time of year, etc. 

Archived