Post whole30 stomach issues

kwantum

Ever since I finished my 2nd whole30 I've been struggeling with stomach issues : bloated and rumbling tummy, gassy and diarrea. I reintroduced white rice, gluten, dairy and wine. As a result I decided to skip dairy and have the gluten and non-gluten foods just occasionally.

Could this be a case of flu? Or a sign to return to a 3ed whole30/whole-lifetime?

• 2 weeks later...

With ya, sister! Oh wait, you might be a guy! Gluten is out for me, as it's a definite trigger, but the result of consuming everything "out there""is no brakes for me. I really embrace the " wisdom of the template".... with some natural "post 30 allowances" for sugar in bacon and other small deviations. I have felt like crud all day from my consumption yesterday. It has been so beneficial to have seen and felt what good clean eating can do; and what a deviation this is- NOT what I should feel like at all!

Did you notice the issues happening after reintroducing a certain food? When you decided to lighten up on the foods you reintroduced did it improve at all? And how long have you been having issues? I'd say if it's been longer than a few days it's definitely not a stomach bug.

• 3 weeks later...

1 month after this initial post, this is what I've come to realize :

Â¥ even one glass of wine is a big no for me, especially white. It disturbs my sleep severely and I feel really lousy the day after.

Â¥ sugar is a definite trigger and does nothing for me but making me feel very tired

Â¥ bread, pasta, rice and grains in general are not as appealling as they used to be pre-whole30 - i can live without them - yeah!

Â¥ I love my 3 whole30 meals a day

Â¥ it 's not hard at all to cook three times a day if you've got a fridge and freezer filled with plain good food

Â¥ everyone should own a copy of Well Fed 1 and 2

Archived