setting myself up to NOT fail

I have a ways to go before i start my Whole30, and when I do start, I don't want to fail...so I need some help.

I suffer from some pretty severe depression.  I pretty much get no more than two "good" days per month. I think this is in part due to my having Celiac Disease and continuing to eat gluten so I am hoping the Whole30 will help to alleviate some of my depression, HOWEVER....when i get really down...I eat..and eat and eat and eat and my OCD kicks in and I have to have soda and pizza rolls and chips.  It's easy to say...just don't eat them, or when you want them go for a walk or whatever, but it's more than that...the urge is almost undescribable.....it's like i literally cannot stop myself.  If i deprive myself i plunge deeper and deeper into the depression.......one doctor told me that there is not can't there is only won't...and i wish this was that easy but i am sure i am not alone in my inability to stop myself from doing this....we all have our demons right?

I am tied to the phone at work and have gotten into a terrible habit of sitting at my desk and eating all day.  I need some thoughts, suggestions, ideas, etc...anything to get through a 9 hour day of sitting at my desk and not eating.  Please don't tell me to talk a little walk, i wish i could, i get the standard 2 15 min breaks and 1 hour lunch, i can walk during those times, but i am not lying when i tell you that they send out a weekly report about how many times you went to the bathroom on your non scheduled break time!

Maybe I can give you some tips for work. Obviously you can eat at your desk so bring mini meals as snacks. The first week will be the hardest, most people don't eat enough and that will definitely set you up for disaster. Make sure you follow the meal planning template http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf   and I would stuff myself at each meal to make sure I ate enough to last until the next one. For example you should eat as many eggs as you can hold in your hand, for most of us that is at least 3, 2 - 3 cups of veggies, and 1 - 2 thumb sized portions of fat.

Remove all the non compliant food from your pantry if possible. It is much better to eat a spoonful of almond butter when you need a fix on day 10 than a spoonful of peanut butter (peanut butter calls for a restart). Don't be too hard on yourself you may fall down a few times but you are just learning about yourself. If you need to eat a piece of fruit as a snack to get through the day then do it.

I think once you can eat 3 - 4 meals a day of compliant food and not graze all day, you will notice your mood will change. I don't know anything about depression but I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Archived