Starting Monday 31st March!

Karyna

On day 2!! Day 1 went really well and felt good. Day 2 has gone all right, but now I am experiencing some real sugar cravings and trying not to give in (even with Fruit....want to not feed  the sugar demon if i can help it!!!). I am working out in an hour so I had a hard boiled egg so I'm not workout out hungry!

This week (as it's my first one and I am not a great cook) I am staying pretty basic. Eggs with spinach for breakfast (make with coconut oil), Turkey burgers with homemade mayor and lettuce for lunch and Ground beef with peppers for dinner. Hard boiled eggs for Pre-WO snacks. I also had 1/2 a banana today also. (trying to stay away from too much sugar). Been great so far, gotta keep with it! Later this week and next I am planning to get creative with the food. Lemon and Garlic chicken bake and Friday I am having a friend over for a great paleo scallops and bacon recipe (I used to way overdo bacon on my previous Paleo diet, trying to cut back this time, per the plan so Friday bacon is my big splurge!

How's everyone else doing??

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@eksimmerman don't forget to add healthy carbs as well like sweet potato , butternut squash, etc. as well as healthy fats to keep you fuller for longer. I posted a link in an earlier post to the meal template. Hope that helps!

It's lunch time here in Australia, so I'm half way through day 3. All going well so far, not really having any major symptoms. How is everyone else going?

Lucky!

I'm exhausted. I pretty much nodded off intermittently during Day 1 and Day 2. This doesn't surprise me, though. I was a miserable wreck for about two weeks during my first Whole30 then it was all Energizer Bunny from there on out ... which I'm MORE than ready for as I'm suffering in the gym!

I wish I knew why I am so sensitive dietary changes.

Anyway! Day 3 incoming and I'm ready! Wednesdays are my cardio heavy days so that will be fun! I may sneak in a yoga class as well. Fake it until you make it, etc.!

Good luck with Day 3, all! =)

How is everyone doing on day 3? I feel really happy and motivated, more so than I did on my second day round. I have already planned week 2 and ordered my groceries to arrive this Friday. Planning for success!

I managed a great cardio workout this morning but was ready to fall asleep on the train to work. I'm ready to take a nap now!

PostWO snack - hard boiled egg

M1 - bacon egg muffin cups, roasted butternut squash and spinach

M2 - grilled salmon, roasted butternut squash and broccoli, strawberries and cashew nuts

Tonight's meal will be...

M3 - 'butter' chicken (made with ghee instead of butter so whole30 compliant) with cauliflower rice, and a banana

I am really tired right now. And sore from yesterday's workout.

Hope you all have a great day!

How's everyone's Day 4 going?

I am TIRED. I want to fall aslep at my desk and take a nap. I'm so so tired.

And I am craving things like bread or any type of baked goods.

I need to keep myself distracted to help this feeling go away...

Before now, it has been a good day.

Workout - TurboFire 30 and ChaLean Extreme Push Circuit 2

PostWO - hard boiled egg

M1 - scotch egg with spinach and a banana

M2 - avocado and shrimp salad, cashew nuts and strawberries

How is everyone feeling today?

Day 4 just started for me in the midwest, but it's going all right. I'm freaking out not being able to weigh myself (this is seriously the longest I've ever gone, I'm usually multiple times a day). No cheating yet. I think i need to work on getting the right food combos and eating more veggies down. But I'm starting to have leftovers (I live alone), so that is making meals easier rather than cooking everything full out every meal.

I think the hardest thing for me right now is that I work from home. I don't have any "off limits" food in my house, but with the dietary restrictions and no alcohol (meaning no meeting up for happy hour with friends who live in town) ...and not interacting with people during the day except via conference calls, it's starting to get a little lonely. I knew this would be the case given the whole30 anyway, and it definitely eliminates tempation, but I'm hoping that picks up. I'm having friends over tomorrow night for "scallops and sex and the city." night (they are bringing their own wine!) so that's something to look forward to.

Hope everyone else is faring all right!!!  Besides some tiredness, I'm feeling pretty good! A bit hungry at night (i used to be a bit of a snacker).

-Elyse

Day 4 just started for me in the midwest, but it's going all right. I'm freaking out not being able to weigh myself (this is seriously the longest I've ever gone, I'm usually multiple times a day). No cheating yet. I think i need to work on getting the right food combos and eating more veggies down. But I'm starting to have leftovers (I live alone), so that is making meals easier rather than cooking everything full out every meal.

Sometimes the hardest thing is taking the scale away. I used to be a daily weigher, and more than once a day. It was obsessive. Definitely much better now!

As for being home on your own - maybe go take a walk, or meet some friends and take a walk with them. Or if they want to do a meal, plan a meal where you can all bring your own packed lunch or something and do a picnic.

Take care!

Day 4 went well yesterday considering I also went out for dinner with a friend. It is possible on a whole30!

M1 - scotch egg, spinach salad, and a banana

M2 - prawn and avocado salad (so yummy), strawberries and cashew nuts

M3 - chicken breast on the bone with an olive oil and parsley sauce, green beans and almonds (no butter), and olives, plus dried strawberries

Day 5 is going well so far. I had a good workout this morning, then the most fantastic breakfast.

M1 - hard boiled egg, smoked salmon, avocado, roasted butternut squash and brussels sprouts

M2 - leftover prawn and avocado salad, strawberries, cashew nuts and dried strawberries

M3 - tonight's dinner will be cod cooked in ghee, roasted butternut squash and broccoli, and a banana

How is everyone doing so far? Feeling good? I'm still feeling tired but that comes with the territory.

I'm into Day 6. So far, things have been rough. While I haven't had major tired or craving issues, my digestion has been everything but running smoothly. I haven't made it to the gym this week, for fear that the urge to run to the bathroom hits me right in the middle of my HIIT WOD, and since it's not a private bathroom, that also would be unpleasant for not just me. I also haven't had any appetite. I'm doing my best to eat the minimum guideline of food at meals. But when you don't start out hungry, you feel full pretty right away. Otherwise, I feel pretty perky! I'm looking forward to resuming some normalcy with my digestion- keep going, guys!

Hi all! How is everyone doing?

Days 5 &6 were good - even managed to say no to cake and ate out while staying whole30 compliant! I am feeling a bit tired but not as bad as my husband who had major migraine last night poor thing.

Day 7

Snacking was a bit of an issue today... But I tried to rein it in! Cashews and dried strawberries are no-brakes foods for me.

M1 - hard boiled egg, smoked salmon, avocado, roast broccoli and butternut squash (yes I have had this three days in a row but it is soooo good!)

M2 - zesty lime prawn and avocado salad

M3 - @paleomg Sweet Potato Enchiladas (yum!) on a bed of kale sautéed in ghee

One week done! Feeling good! But craving bread and baked goods but did manage to say no to cake this weekend! Whoo!!

Yesterday was day 8 and it was quite good. I am snacking in between meals, but I believe that is allowed because I am 6 weeks pregnant (I found out the day we started the whole30!).

Day 8 Meals

PostWO - hard boiled egg

Meal 1 - eggplant sliders with a spinach salad

Snack - cashew nuts

Meal 2 - beef bolognese with courgette noodles and strawberries

Snack - banana

Meal 3 - chicken thighs with a tomato, courgette and red pepper sauce baked in foil, with cauliflower rice, and grilled apples

I do need to re-work my snacks to follow the meal template but otherwise, I am feeling good - not too many symptoms except for maybe a bit of tiredness.

Day 9

Today has started off well with a great workout followed by a hard-boiled egg post-workout.

Meal 1 - breakfast casserole with a spinach salad and raspberries

Meal 2 - leftover chicken thighs and cauliflower rice from last night, strawberries and cashew nuts

Snack - banana

Meal 3 - PaleOMG's meatloaf with kale sauteed in ghee, and roasted butternut squash and grilled apples

Feeling really good, actually, except for the cravings for bread and cake. While on whole30, however, am completely happy to say no to them and I really want to change my relationship for things that have added sugar. Especially now, with the pregnancy, I would like to eat as healthy as possible. My last pregnancy, whilst I did eat healthily, I had pastries and baked goods every day. I only gained 30lbs with my first, but it was not necessarily the healthiest way I could have gained that weight.

Hope you're all having a great day! The boards are a bit quiet!

Even if you have not been successful with your whole30, tell us why and maybe we can help!

Plugging along here.  I really need to get some of those scotch eggs made up as quick breakfast options.  I usually just fall back to a large mug o' coffee spiked with coconut milk and coconut oil.  Lunches and dinners have been going great and the wife is finally starting to feel some of the positive benefits and the cravings are starting to wane.  Looking forward to the next couple of weeks where we try to tackle an Easter meal and then I'm on the road for work for a few days.

Thanks for posting all the recipes/ideas, Karyna.

HI all!!! @Karyna congrats!!! How exciting :) Just remember to eat more not less and listen to your body!! But It's exciting to see you sticking to it will pregnant!

Thngs are going really well over here! It's becoming more of a habit----I now looking forward to my nightly tea instead of my nightly wine :) Food-wise is good too. went a bit crazy with fruit and nuts the other day (i hadn't had fruit at all until this week, and now I know why....it's a sub for the sugar I used to mindlessly snack on). I do have to make some LARAbars for a work trip this weekend and next week, but I am going to try and limit them to absolutely emergency use only. I also already called a driver for my work trip to Phoenix on Monday to take me to the grocery store en route to the hotel, to stock up on hard boiled eggs, veggies and deli meat I can store in my fridge!

Sleep---sleep has been amazing, but almost a little too much. I work from home which means I really don't have an official "Start time" but I'd like to start by 8am. The trouble is, unless I set an alarm for 6:30 or 7 (if I am working out first) or 7:30 (if I'm not), I will sleep until at least 8:30 or 9. And that's when I go to bed by 11. I'm working out a lot (usually morning cardio/weights and evening pilates) so 1.5-2 hours a day, so the sleep is good, but I really don't need 9-10 hours a night, probably closer to 8-9. I would like to be able to wake up without the alarm, but I think i'll have to start setting it so I don't sleep the day away!

How's everyone else faring? I'm making PaleOMG's Lemon Artichoke chicken for dinner tonight and just had over-easy eggs over sweet potato hash for lunch (YUM YUM YUM). Loving all the recipes!

-Elyse

Sorry everyone - I realised I posted Day 8 twice and got mixed up somewhere.

So happy Day 11 to you all! How are we all doing?

I woke up this morning at 6am, after a very bad night of sleep. I went to bed at 10, but tossed and turned for a good hour until I went into quite a light sleep. I then woke up at about 2 as I found my husband asleep on the couch after a night out and told him to come to bed, then my daughter woke up and wanted to come into bed with us, and it took me another hour to fall back to sleep.

However, I did wake up with some vigour and went straight into my workout - ChaLean Extreme's Burn Intervals. Cardio intervals with weight training. Really good!

Today's menu:

M1 - breakfast casserole with spinach salad, strawberries, coffee with unsweetened almond milk

M2 - PaleOMG's meatloaf with sauteed kale, roasted butternut squash and brussels sprouts, and a banana

Snack - cashew nuts and strawberries

M3 - salmon, kale sauteed in ghee, roasted butternut squash and broccoli

I plan on going to bed at 10 tonight and switching off my iPhone at 9pm which will hopefully help me sleep better. We'll see!

HI all!!! @Karyna congrats!!! How exciting :) Just remember to eat more not less and listen to your body!! But It's exciting to see you sticking to it will pregnant!

Thngs are going really well over here! It's becoming more of a habit----I now looking forward to my nightly tea instead of my nightly wine :) Food-wise is good too. went a bit crazy with fruit and nuts the other day (i hadn't had fruit at all until this week, and now I know why....it's a sub for the sugar I used to mindlessly snack on). I do have to make some LARAbars for a work trip this weekend and next week, but I am going to try and limit them to absolutely emergency use only. I also already called a driver for my work trip to Phoenix on Monday to take me to the grocery store en route to the hotel, to stock up on hard boiled eggs, veggies and deli meat I can store in my fridge!

Sleep---sleep has been amazing, but almost a little too much. I work from home which means I really don't have an official "Start time" but I'd like to start by 8am. The trouble is, unless I set an alarm for 6:30 or 7 (if I am working out first) or 7:30 (if I'm not), I will sleep until at least 8:30 or 9. And that's when I go to bed by 11. I'm working out a lot (usually morning cardio/weights and evening pilates) so 1.5-2 hours a day, so the sleep is good, but I really don't need 9-10 hours a night, probably closer to 8-9. I would like to be able to wake up without the alarm, but I think i'll have to start setting it so I don't sleep the day away!

How's everyone else faring? I'm making PaleOMG's Lemon Artichoke chicken for dinner tonight and just had over-easy eggs over sweet potato hash for lunch (YUM YUM YUM). Loving all the recipes!

-Elyse

Thanks Elyse! I am making sure to have dedicated snacks and don't let myself get too hungry/starving. When I did that for my first pregnancy, the nausea was unbearable. But right now, no major symptoms except a bit of tiredness. Otherwise, feeling great!

How did the Lemon Artichoke chicken go? It sounds delicious!

Day 12

I had a better sleep compared to the night before. Asleep by 10:30 but up at 4:30 and could not get back to sleep. Alarm went off at 6:30 and up and sprightly for the day.

Workout - #turbofire HIIT 15 & #chaleanextreme Push Circuit 3

PostWO - hard boiled egg

Meal 1 - hard boiled egg, smoked salmon, 1/2 avocado, spinach and a cup of tea with unsweetened almond milk - one of my favourite breakfasts!!

Mid-morning snack - banana

Meal 2 - grilled salmon, roasted broccoli and butternut squash and cashew nuts

Afternoon snack - strawberries, pineapple and cashew nuts

Meal 3 - grilled sea bass, kale sautéed in ghee, roasted butternut squash and grilled apples

I am turning in for an early night. Hopefully I won't wake at 4:30 again!

Day 13

I slept fantastically last night. Asleep by 10:30, woke up at 3 by my daughter but straight back to sleep until 6:30.

Meal 1 - hard boiled egg, smoked salmon (Sainsbury's sell this without sugar), 1/4 avocado, spinach and green tea

Meal 2 - A visit to The George (Wetherspoon's) and I have had the chicken breast and pepper skewers with piri-piri sauce, salad, a banana and cashew nuts (not pictured which I brought on my own).

Snack - pineapple and strawberries

Meal 3 - chicken wrapped in prosciutto with steamed asparagus, cashew nuts and dried strawberries

Not too much snacking today actually - and feeling good overall. I feel a lot more confident about this third time round.

I am looking ahead to my visit to Edmonton, Canada and Las Vegas in the first two weeks of May which will definitely not be compliant. I can try and control what I have at home (I have a kitchen in the hotel in Vegas so can control breakfasts and snacks), and I can try make the best choices I can, but when my parents are already talking about taking me to IHOP and dimsum... I will just come back and go straight back to whole30.

I am finding I am a bit emotional, snappy and craving bread... Pregnancy maybe?

I am going to bed early again...

@beespajamas I will be at Polo Towers. I plan on taking a cab to Whole Foods and stocking up on good breakfast food and snacks (as I will be eating out for lunches and dinners while at the conference).

Day 14

I had the strangest food dream. I dreamed I ate a big bready bun. With butter. And in the dream, I thought, "Crap there goes my whole30! Why did I do that?!" I felt such guilt for consuming bread... And then I woke up. At least I am not dreaming about Oreos and Doritos like last time!

Meal 1 - 2 hard boiled eggs, smoked salmon, avocado and spinach

It was such a beautiful sunny day so my husband and I took a bike ride with our 2 & 1/2 yr to Wanstead Park and had a little picnic in the sun!

Meal 2 - Breakfast casserole, roasted butternut squash, spinach, raspberries, banana, cashew nuts and dried strawberries

Last time we had a picnic, I ate an entire family sized bag of crisps, a bottle of cider, a huge bacon and egg baguette and donuts. Yes . I could eat that much. Reigning that in now.

Snacks - raspberries and cashew nuts

Meal 3 - OMG. Best dinner ever.

Roast pork loin with apples.

Homemade crackling.

Roasted sweet potato and butternut squash and Brussels sprouts.

Perfect Sunday roast. Yum! I may make this again for Easter as it was easy and so delicious!

Overall a great day!!

Day 15

I normally work out first thing in the morning but I was just so tired. I did manage to so ChaLean Extreme Lean Circuit 1 - 40 min of weight training so happy about that!

Meal 1 - smoked salmon, two hard boiled eggs, 1/4 avocado, spinach and coffee with almond milk

Meal 2 - leftover roast pork dinner from last night

Snacks - banana, kale chips/crisps, cashew nuts, dried strawberries

Meal 3 - shepherd's pie with a sweet potato topping, spinach salad and roast broccoli

I have spent all day watching old episodes of Great British Bake Off - drooling over the baked goods but instead of biting into bread, I kept myself distracted and had tea with kale chips instead!

Day 16

I woke up with a bit more energy than yesterday and so wanted to do a 45min workout but my 2&1/2 yr old daughter was being a bit difficult this morning (not a morning person) so had to cut it back to 30 min. I did a great #TurboFire 30 - so fun!

I also did a lot of walking today but my energy was really lacking for the rest of the day. Where did my burst of energy and tiger blood go?

Meal 1 - breakfast casserole, spinach, raspberries and coffee with unsweetened almond milk

Meal 2 - leftover shepherd's pie with spinach and roast broccoli and a banana

Snacks - strawberries and cashew nuts

Meal 3 - beef escalopes with roasted butternut squash and kale sautéed in ghee, and grilled apples

Archived