Starting April 7th

BrandiB1983

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kendall 41!   This is a great place to get support.  I'm going to need it too.  This will be my happy place for the next 30 days or so.  This is my Day 2.  Woke up a little bit sick to my stomach.  Breakfast doesn't sound as good to me as it did yesterday.  Sounds like that isn't unusual for the first week or so.  I'm sticking with it though!

Hello PaleoInPittsburgh!  I found out about it when someone on a health forum I follow mentioned it.  So I looked the book up on Amazon and was amazed at all of the great comments about the plan.  Ordered the book, read the book, and started the next day.  Didn't officially commit until April 7.  So this is my Day 2 but have actually been following the plan for 5 days.

Did you get my note about the corgis?  I have 2.  Charlie (8 months old) and Annie (will be 3 in July).  They got me out of bed this morning because all I wanted to do was sleep in!  I usually am up at the crack of dawn.  Sign of things to come? -_-  

Hi all, I am on day 3 after starting on 7th April, for my second W30. We are a few hours ahead in Australia. I have basically been following the paleo way since March 2013, and have even bought half a grass fed cow, which we have finished, so am getting the next one tonight. I loved the last W30, but slipped back into my old habit of wine every night once I had finished, so my goal is to not do that after this W30. I ahve the day 3 headache at the moment, but as I know it is only temporary, I can hang in here until it goes away. Just confirms to me how bad alcophol is when your body reacts to the removal of it. I felt so much better while on teh W30, I dont really have an issue with food compliance as I was gluten intolerant for 20 years, but amazingly my gut healed itself. I use to have severe gastric symptoms from the slightest bit of gluten, so removing gluten grains show that healing definalety takes place.

Stick to it everyone!

cheers, Julie

Day 2 of my restart. I got "soy'ed" by accident on friday night and then didn't do so hot over the weekend. 

Feeling great today other than a slight headache and snacking on pumpkin seeds.

Got a big pot of chocolate chili going..can't wait to have some soon!! 

Has anyone tried any cool recipes yet? I bought Italian sausages from a local market and added it to my pasta sauce today and ate it with spaghetti squash. It was so darn good. I think I may try making a lasagna tomorrow or the weekend. I'm also craving guacamole, so that means I need to make my Paleo Fajitas this week.Yum! 

Hello PaleoInPittsburgh!  I found out about it when someone on a health forum I follow mentioned it.  So I looked the book up on Amazon and was amazed at all of the great comments about the plan.  Ordered the book, read the book, and started the next day.  Didn't officially commit until April 7.  So this is my Day 2 but have actually been following the plan for 5 days.

Did you get my note about the corgis?  I have 2.  Charlie (8 months old) and Annie (will be 3 in July).  They got me out of bed this morning because all I wanted to do was sleep in!  I usually am up at the crack of dawn.  Sign of things to come? -_-  

That's awesome to hear you've read the book and have already been following the plan for several days!   :D

I didn't get your note about the corgis...and I don't see anything in my inbox.  ::shrug::  I have a corgi too!  His name is Sam and he's almost two.   :D  I love the names of yours btw.  (:  And yes, as your body's healing, you'll likely be wanting to sleep a lot.  That's a good thing!  (;

Has anyone tried any cool recipes yet? I bought Italian sausages from a local market and added it to my pasta sauce today and ate it with spaghetti squash. It was so darn good. I think I may try making a lasagna tomorrow or the weekend. I'm also craving guacamole, so that means I need to make my Paleo Fajitas this week.Yum! 

I tried the no-fuss salmon cakes from ISWF a few weeks ago.  I wasn't too sure about how I'd like them at first, but after they were gone, I found myself wanting more!  lol

Good morning PaleoInPittsburgh!  

That's great that you have a corgi.  I love the name Sam.  Is Sam your first corgi?  

How is your W30 going so far?  Do you get the Daily Newsletter?  It was about Day 3 issues and was very helpful.  I signed up for it the night before I started.  Figured with this being my first Whole 30 I'd need all the help I can get.  I've had lots of bloating and slight nausea off and on but the headaches have gone away.  No gym for me this week.  Just taking it easy.  I was on the Fast Tract diet before this.  It is similar in many ways to the Whole 30 so I didn't expect to have side effects, but I was wrong.  Hoping it passes quickly.  How about you?  Any side effects?

Give Sam a hug.  Annie and Charlie say hey!

Laurie

Hello Ernestine B26!

I was going to try a quiche and a brussel sprouts recipe but they both called for bacon and I couldn't find bacon without 2% sugar.  I plan to try the salmon cakes too.  Having some hamburger for breakfast this morning with an egg.  Don't usually eat beef but I'll make an exception on this diet.  Wasn't hungry at all yesterday.  Not hungry this morning yet either.  But I am eating more protein than usual for me.  

Laurie

Good morning PaleoInPittsburgh!  

That's great that you have a corgi.  I love the name Sam.  Is Sam your first corgi?  

How is your W30 going so far?  Do you get the Daily Newsletter?  It was about Day 3 issues and was very helpful.  I signed up for it the night before I started.  Figured with this being my first Whole 30 I'd need all the help I can get.  I've had lots of bloating and slight nausea off and on but the headaches have gone away.  No gym for me this week.  Just taking it easy.  I was on the Fast Tract diet before this.  It is similar in many ways to the Whole 30 so I didn't expect to have side effects, but I was wrong.  Hoping it passes quickly.  How about you?  Any side effects?

Give Sam a hug.  Annie and Charlie say hey!

Laurie

Sam is my second corgi.  I had my first for about ten years, then got involved with corgi rescue.  Sam was one of my fosters.  ;D

My Whole30 is not going too good so far.  I have been eating too much fruit and nut butters.  /:  I'm thinking I should start over, since we're so near the beginning.   :(

I've gotten the Daily e-mails in the past and they're amazing!  I'm glad to know you're using them too.   :D  They helped me A LOT and gave me something to look forward to every morning.

It's a good idea to take it easy the first week.   ;)

I've never heard of the Fast Tract diet; I'll have to look it up.

Crazy sugar cravings are the only thing that's been bothering me so far...I might just cut out fruit all together!  lol

Hi Annie and Charlie!   :wub:

Also, is that Annie in your picture?  She looks really familiar.  In fact, I think you and I may be Facebook friends already!  LOL

I actually started April 8. This is my second W30 as well. I'm being as strict as I was the first time. I haven't been very hungry, but I'm eating well. I'm blogging my food to keep myself on track and provide accountability. The problem is that I don't get paid till tomorrow and I'm eating what I had on hand! I'm being very creative. I cooked some farmers market compliant sausage for me and my husband, and last minute, I placed mushrooms in the pan and let them saute with the sausage. I checked the veggie drawer and found some broccoli I hadn't made yet, so into a pot with that. It makes me feel kind of good to know I can snatch a W30 meal out of thin air! I have enough broccoli left to have it with eggs tomorrow morning. And then, praise the stars, I get to go grocery shopping!

Hello Ernestine B26!

I was going to try a quiche and a brussel sprouts recipe but they both called for bacon and I couldn't find bacon without 2% sugar.  I plan to try the salmon cakes too.  Having some hamburger for breakfast this morning with an egg.  Don't usually eat beef but I'll make an exception on this diet.  Wasn't hungry at all yesterday.  Not hungry this morning yet either.  But I am eating more protein than usual for me.  

Laurie

Gave you thought about ground Turkey? I use it for my turkey sausages and in my pasta, and it tastes wonderful.

Gave you thought about ground Turkey? I use it for my turkey sausages and in my pasta, and it tastes wonderful.

I just heard about Wellness Meats - http://www.grasslandbeef.com/ - they have W30 approved sugar free bacon. They have several sugar free pork options. I'm going to make an order after I get paid. They even make salami! (I am not affiliated with them in any way. A paleo friend told me about them and I want to try; their prices are in line with the farmers market an hour away, which is where I usually get these things.)

I thought about turkey bacon.  I've never tried it and it didn't speak to me.  I'll give Wellness Meats a look.  Thank you!

I felt much better today.  Didn't have the nausea I've been battling the last few days and no headache.  Didn't sleep very well last night but slept like a baby the night before that.  I think this first week is peaks and valleys.  I can tell my digestive system isn't happy.

L

This round is going  smoother for me personally. I don't even think twice about what I'm eating for the most part even though I make sure I'm compliant.How was today for everyone?

I am as strict as I was the first time, but it's not as much of a change from my previous way of eating than the first time around. I was a hardcore Weight Watchers person for a year before I was given the advice to go Whole30. It was more for elimination purposes than anything else at the time, but my life has changed so considerably that I've stuck close to it.

I had a great day 3. One challenge was going to the grocery store and feeling like an alcoholic in a liquor store. I was surrounded by foods that I will not eat. I don't say "can't eat," because I can eat anything I want. I will not stray from W30 for 30 day and that's that. the crap food is not an option, but I had to repeat that often during the grocery trip. It was severely stressful. I am sure that won't happen again, though.

I'm ready for day 4. I even made a huge order with Wellness Meats and will be enjoying all sorts of pork products soon!

Day 4 was good for me.  A little tired midday.  Took a quick nap.  But feeling pretty good now.  Scrapstitching - I felt similarly in the grocery store the other day.  Skipped all of the middle aisles and went straight for the produce.  I'm lucky because for a small town, we have a good selection of organic foods.  Between the grocery store and health food store I can usually find what I want.  Our farmer's market doesn't come to town until the first week of June.  We all look forward to that.  I'm settling into the cooking aspect pretty well now.  Finding my groove.  Ready for Day 5!

It is a beautiful weekend here in Tahoe.  Just like summertime!  Took the dogs for a walk by the lake.  This is a quiet time in Tahoe.  So my spirits are up.  I'm feeling pretty good.  The headache and nausea have passed.  Still some digestive gurgling going on and some bloating but all-in-all, feeling good.  Starting Day 7 with a hearty breakfast of scrambled eggs, hamburger, sweet potato and swiss chard.  My favorite so far.  Hope everybody is doing well and that you enjoy your Sunday!

Laurie

Hello all.  I started my third Whole 30 on March 24 - day 21 for me today.  This time out I am really focusing on listening to my body to learn portion control, and trying to drastically reduce my intake of nuts, nut butters and fruit (at least fruit as a replacement for sweets).

I have decided to extend to 45 days this time - that puts me on track with you folks for a "finish" day.  Hopefully it's okay with all of you if I join in here now and then?

I am experimenting more with recipes this time - trying more of the ISWF recipes, especially the sauces and dressings.  My favorite remains the chocolate chili recipe that I found through a link in the newsletters.  Sooooo good - and easy to alter as the mood (and fridge contents) strikes!

Looking forward to travelling part of this journey with you folks.

Archived