Foiled before I even started

avasmommy

So I thought I was all set to start my Whole 30 tomorrow.  I had enough veggies/fruit/meat to get me through tomorrow and then would go shopping for the next two weeks on Saturday.  Well I ended up having to pay a large bill I had forgotten about and now the grocery budget is blown.  

I get paid again in 2 weeks, so I will start then.  In the meantime my plan is eat as cleanly as I can between now and then.  Not ideal and not what I wanted.  I was really excited and so ready to do this.  

I know how you feel. This can be very expensive. If you search the forum for doing this on a budget you might find some great tips. I eat a lot of eggs and ground meats with veggies. I also buy compliant hotdogs that are quick and easy. Good Luck!

I won't lie to you and say this is cheap.  I will say it doesn't have to be as expensive as you think.  It's probably a good idea to divide up some of the larger purchases like new spices or oils you need.  I did find that helpful in the weeks leading up to my start.  I did find though that at the end of the month my food bill minus all the junk food and eating out wasn't all that much more than I was already spending.

I am sure it's disappointing that you are delayed, but it's great that you are trying to be economically and nutritionally responsible about starting your Whole30. Like the other members have noted, it can be expensive at the start-up for oils, spices, well-sourced food etc. But best of luck in two weeks' time!

Thanks, ladies.  I'm feeling more upbeat today.  I worked out a budget plan to stock the pantry and fridge and I'm feeling better about everything.

Plus, I  managed to make a Whole 30 compliant meal for dinner last night and my 6 year old declared it the best dinner I'd ever made.  

Archived