Pre-Work Out Food

Islandgrl35

I started the Whole30 Program 9 days ago! I also joined a morning bootcamp on Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday at 6:50am for an hour. I used to have some oatmeal with fruit 30 - 45mins before the bootcamp. What can I eat now? I need something because the workout is a lot of cardio and using your own body weight. HELP? Suggestions? Thanks!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I do a HB egg and a cup of coffee with a little coconut milk before my Saturday AM runs.  So far, that seems to be okay with my stomach! I'm still not fat adapted, so I don't feel 100% awesome on my runs yet, but I haven't had tummy troubles with that pre-WO meal. I've heard others say they do a banana with almond butter, but the template for pre-WO meals doesn't include fruit so I think that would be "enter at your own risk" territory.  :)

• 1 month later...
Guest WholeStanley

I tend to have a hard boiled egg, a couple of prawns (quickly defrosted from the freezer) and a couple of cashews/almonds/macadamia nuts - this is easy and quick for me to put together and through trial and error i've found out this works best for me (p.s. when I say a couple i literally mean 2-4)

If I don't have any eggs hard boiled I will sometimes replace with tinned sardines, or any ground meat I have left in the fridge, and if I've had too many nuts recently I'll replace them with a couple of bites of avocado

In my experience PreWO is quite personal, and takes a bit of trial and error to work out what is best of you - and this can vary depending on the workout and time of day

• 4 weeks later...

Archived