April 7 people - How are you all doing?

tahoecorgilover

I'm finding it hard to keep tabs on all of the people who started the Whole 30 the same day I did.  How are you all doing now that we've made it to Day 2?  Is it what you expected?  How are you feeling?  How is the meal planning going?

I've had a bit of nausea and some headaches.  I actually began last Friday so this is my Day 5, but not officially.  I don't think I'm drinking enough water so I'm concentrating on that today.  It's always been a challenge to drink as much water as I'm supposed to.  I was hungry the first day but fixed that by eating more food.  Imagine that?  I'm spending a lot of time in the grocery store and health food store too.  Stocking up on vegies.

Just wondering how everybody is doing.  Drop a line if you have the time.

There are a few April 7th threads:
http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/17881-starting-april-7th/
http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/18013-april-7th-is-the-big-day/

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/18067-starting-my-first-whole30-on-7th-april/

You can see how folks are doing there, and click "Follow this topic" button at the top of the screen when the thread is displayed, to get notifications when updates are made to the thread.

I made mayo the other night so I had a tuna salad with mayo and cucumber and onions and them some lettuche on the side for breakfast on sunday. This morning fried eggs tasted so good! Think I will do the tuna thing maybe 2 times a week then I wont always be eating the same thing, have you made mayo ? It is really good with tuna!

Were there any issues making the mayo?  I've heard it's a little tricky.  I'm going to try it when my stick blender comes from Amazon (probably this Weds.). I need to branch out a bit in my diet.  Eating the same things.  So far it's worked for me but I know I'l tire of it soon.  Have you tried the salmon cakes?  I might try that too.

Mayo is not that hard with the hand blender.  I used to think that you needed for everything to be room temp and that doesn't even matter.  I use the clothes makes the girl recipe and it is great.  I put everything in a cup and use my emersion blender and I have mayo in a matter of seconds.  I make mayo all the time and it really is very simple. 

one large

1/2 tsp dry mustard

1/2 tsp of salt

2 TB of lemon juice (I squeeze mine)

1 and 1/4 cup of LIGHT olive oil.  (DON'T USE EXTRA VIRGIN, too strong) or you can use Grapeseed, Avocado oil up to you

I use a glass drinking glass that fits my blender and then go to town!

You can do it.  And it is great to use to make dressings, dips, etc etc.  I am on day 7 and it is going well!  The past two days were tough with the carb withdrawals.  The cravings are there with a passion but I have had them before so I am ready to fight them!

Yes, make sure you are drinking plenty of water, it makes a difference.

It was so easy! I used a stick blender as i thought using a regular would be harder! took no time at all just first put the egg and lemon juice in and let them come to a room temperature about 30 minutes then mix in the rest and use the stick blender! :)

I've never heard of light olive oil.  What does the bottle actually say on it?  I can't hardly wait.

Laurie 

mine just says olive oil. then i have another that says extra virgin olive oil

I've never heard of light olive oil.  What does the bottle actually say on it?  I can't hardly wait.

Laurie 

It literally says "Extra Light Olive Oil"  Bertolli makes some that is easy to find at most stores.  If you have a BJ warehouse near you they have a coupon for $3.50 off a large bottle.  So it is less than $15!  I got mine yesterday.

http://www.bertolli.com/canadese-e/bertolli-products_cae.asp?country=cae〈=en

Archived