Prenatal AND cod liver oil?

I have Pure Encapsulations vitamin recommended by this site that I use as a prenatal vitamin.  I am wondering if I should take fermented cod liver oil as well, or if that's too much of certain vitamins?

Thanks

Amy

I take Pure encapsulations also as well AND a daily dose of FCLO. However, I have never ever been able to take the full 6 pills that the bottle recommends. My poor stomach just can't handle it. I take 2 Pure Encapsulations Nutrient 950 spaced out throughout the day and then I take 1tbs of FCLO daily. According to Chris Kresser you can safely have up to like 20,000 IU of Vitamin A (he also points out that you could even have up to 50,000 IU) as long as you are not deficient in Vitamin D or K. Vitamin D and K are protective against Vitamin A toxicity. So, 6 capsules on the PE contains 15,000 IU of Vitamin A and 1tsp of FCLO roughly contains 10,000 IU. So even if you are taking all 6 capsules AND the FCLO I think you are fine because in the PE you are also getting plenty of Vitamin K and Vitamin D to help protect against toxicity. Hope this helps.

Archived