Plantar Fasciitis much worse - Day 3?

I've suffered on & off with plantar fasciitis since April 2011, it's generally manageable & I've been mostly pain free for a while.

I'm on day 3 of my first Whole 30 today & I'm in agony! Is it normal for old injuries to flare up suddenly, I really hope it's just a symptom of the detox process.

Anyone else with a similar experience during a Whole 30?

I'm not sure if mine is similar and/or caused by this or not; but I have been battling a tendon issue in my 2nd toe on one foot; "capsulitis" and a neuroma - mine seems to be a little bit more sore the last couple of days as well.

I'm not sure why it is happening but this may help with the pain:

Take a golf ball and put it in the freezer. When it is cold place it on the ground and use your foot to roll it back and forth across the floor.

5-10 minutes at a time,a few times a day. You can also use a room temp ball, I just like the added bonus of cold.

@jenmer: Great to hear! I think that the carb-flu period just does funny things to a person's immune system. I had some acne and MAJOR sinus issues this past week, but I'm on Day 9 now and things are definitely getting a lot better!

• 11 months later...

I've suffered on & off with plantar fasciitis since April 2011, it's generally manageable & I've been mostly pain free for a while.

I'm on day 3 of my first Whole 30 today & I'm in agony! Is it normal for old injuries to flare up suddenly, I really hope it's just a symptom of the detox process.

Anyone else with a similar experience during a Whole 30?

I'm curious to know if your plantar fasciitis is still gone?  I've had plantar fasciitis for SIX YEARS and I've just dealt with it when I exercise.  I've had the same or similar exercise routine for many years, the only thing that's different is tht I'm on DAY 9 of the WHOLE 30 and my Plantar Fasciitis is gone.  No pain today.  Wow.

I had PF for years and though I could tough it out. I wound up totally shredding my post-tibular tendon (which runs down the calf to the ankle and supports the anlke. PF could be a sign of your arches falling and PTT problems. You should see a foot doctor and probably get orthotics to help with that. I also did a lot of PT to strenghthen my ankles and was able to regain a lot of flexibility. Do you also have problems with shin splints? I had them all the time, made me lame (but I kept on running on the treadmill). The PT was able to get rid of a lot of the scar tissue on my shins which helped a lot. It was painful to go through that process though.

One of the reasons I started W30 is to deal with my lingering ankle and bad elbow tendinitis. My elbow is 90% better after day 7. However, remember that localized inflammation means the body is dealing with something. It's great if the pain stops, but remember to address the issues that started it

Hi Bet,

I agree, and I didn't mention all this but I too have see foot doctor, and done PT, wear orthotics for exercise, and have made a lot of progress over the years. But things feel different now and I am excited!

Hi Bet,

I agree, and I didn't mention all this but I too have see foot doctor, and done PT, wear orthotics for exercise, and have made a lot of progress over the years. But things feel different now and I am excited!

Archived