Finished the a Whole 30! Lab results show triglycerides way off - can't figure out why

clholdren

I really enjoyed the Whole 30 program and I felt very good while eating this way. I downloaded the book and recipes and tried hard to make flavorful dishes that were satisfying! I get an annual check up and my triglycerides are always around 68. Coincidently I had my labs done- 2 weeks after I did the whole 30 and my triglycerides are 269. I am not sure what is up. I was planning to do another round of the whole 30 and I am wondering if anyone else had experienced this?

I lost 8lbs during the whole 30 as well.

• Moderators

My triglycerides fell sharply after my Whole30 and that is what I hear from most folks. The issue might be that when you lose fat, it moves from storage in your body into your blood to be consumed by your cells as energy. People who are losing weight actively can have higher levels of fat in their blood. This may be what was happening at the time of your lab test. 

Thanks for the info. I am going to jump back in and do another 30 day as I like how I feel and I would like to continue losing weight. I have slowly been adding activity (mostly walking) however I am going to increase my activity as well and add in some weight bearing exercise ~ for my osteopenia diagnosis as well!!

Archived