CC's whole30 take 2

cwildwest1

I started my second whole 30 yesterday.  I finished the first round about 8 days ago, Took 8 days off for loss, love and life and am back at it.  Now my daughter and her boyfriend are along for the ride. 

I didn't get enough to eat on day one:  a big bunch of spinach and an egg for breakfast, raw veggies for lunch and a great tapas dinner out in DC. All whole30 compliant.

I am now through day two, and it is going a little better:  kale salad and poached eggs for breakfast, and salad with grilled chicken for lunch.  and just finished a dinner with butternut squash, trout fillet and a great mixed of stir fried veggies. 

So far, so good.  I had a headache for the entire first whole30.  I am looking forward to getting past that point, this time around. 

Made it through Day 3.  Breakfast was an egg, a slice of compliant bacon and lots of spinach.  An hour of hot yoga sculpt worked that off pretty quickly  Post WO snack included leftover prosciutto and some butternut squash.  A big lunch with chicken and salad.  And now dinner with beer can chicken and sweet potato fries and corn.  Yum.  Another day under the belt.

Day 4 is now behind me.

Breakfast:  one egg and lots of spinach, added a spoonful of almond butter for a little more fat.  Spinach and egg cooked in coconut oil.

Lunch:  undressed salad with lettuce, tomato and olives and gyro meat.

Dinner:  stuffed peppers with a jicama salad.

I added a light snack of sweet potato and some nuts after an 80 minute walk in the afternoon.  It definitely helped with the hangry feeling before dinner. 

The last two days have definitely been a struggle against sugar cravings, and the desire to curl up with a big glass of wine at the end of the day.  I realize that is just habit, and want to be able to conquer those beasts this time around.

Coming from a place of helping you get the best results:

- please eat more at breakfast. When eggs are your protein, the serving size is the number of eggs you can hold in one hand. For most folks, that's at least 2 or 3 eggs. That will likely help curb the later hangry feelings or need for a snack.

- continue to play with your protein, veg and fat portions until your meals satiate you for 4-5 hours. Here is the recommended meal template to help you structure your meals.

- in the meantime, if you're genuinely hungry between meals (hungry = you could eat steamed fish and broccoli), have a mini meal including a protein and fat. Nuts are a fat source on a Whole30.

Day 5 went by in a blur.  I was feeling pretty tired all day.

Breakfast:  chicken leftovers with spinach and butternut squash

Lunch: more chicken leftovers in a big salad, with a spoonful of almond butter

Dinner:  curry coconut chicken with stir fried broccoli and golden raisins.

Day 6 I felt a little better.  I was super busy all day and the effort of dodging the biblical rains kept my mind off food.

Breakfast: one egg, spinach and sweet potato cooked in leftover coconut milk

Lunch: a huge steak salad

Dinner: the left over steak salad - I got my money's worth from that salad.

It's Day 7, the sun came out for the first time this week, and I got outside for a long hike, then was able to walk to all my errands. Total walking today - over 3/12 hours.  I am making up for the last couple days of meetings and computer time.

Breakfast:  an egg, about 2 oz. of steak and spinach

11:30:  raw sweet potato and a handful of almonds

3:30:  salad and a big helping of grilled lamb.  it was weird that I wasn't really hungry until mid-afternoon.  Will probably have a light dinner later.

Archived