Still no Tiger blood! Day 29!

30 days and I still don't feel better than before whole30. I have lost weight and I look better but I'm neither stronger or faster. Now trust me I'm eating enough. I've cut out my fruit snacks so my body starts using fat but I still don't feel I have got into the fat burning. I'm 6ft 210lb male. I'm an avid mountain biker, CrossFit, snowboarder, wakeboarder etc... Are there any true athletes out there like me that actually feel stronger and better? I'm not asking to here from people who just want to look better. I want to hear from athletes. Also if Paleo is so good for you why is it that a lot of "Paleo" athletes feel they need to modify there Paleo do really get results. I rarely here of an athlete who is strictly Paleo all the time and is a serious competitor. Now I don't want to start any arguments. I am just getting frustrated. Thx.

Yesterday I had for breakfast- 3 eggs, 2 bacon, a quarter sweet potatoe. Coffee with coconut milk and coconut spread.

Lunch- 2 - 6 oz chicken breast and a quarter slice of steak in a bed of spinach cooked with coconut oil, tomatoes, green peppers, mushrooms, Olive oil, vinegar, salt , and pepper. Fruit bowl with a quarter of a sweet potatoe, handful blue berries, handful strawberries, whole bananna, and coconut butter spread.

Dinner same as lunch except for the fruit bowl concocktion.

Also close to a gallon of water throughout the day.

Eat more veggies!   :) Remember that meal template we shared with you on another thread?  Those who get the best results on a Whole30 have 1-3 cups of vegetables at every meal, along with the 1-2 palms of protein and the appropriate amount of compliant fat. Your breakfast needs more than 1/4 of a sweet potato. Eat the whole potato for starters.

Whole30 also recommends pre and postWO meals, per the template, on the days your workout - is that happening?

Are you also getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep nightly? 

It's also only been 1-2 days since you cut out fruit snacks: I'm thinking your body still might need more time with less fruit.

Finally, not everyone who does a Whole30 experiences Tiger Blood. Here's a recent article on the updated definition of Tiger Blood and the multiple ways in which a change might show up for you.

Ok. All I'm saying is that if I don't improve in my performance I guess I'm going to have to add non Paleo to my diet. I wish I could improve and be 100% Paleo. But thx for your reply and I'll add more veggies. Actually 2 chicken and steak salads in one day is a lot for me. Also on days that I workout it's usually right after breakfast so it that case I guess I should not eat a sweet potToe because the template says protein and fat only pre workout. I never thought something would be so difficult. Lol!

I'm still waiting for this!!!! Lol!!!!

Days 16-27: Tiger Blood. Goodbye cravings, hello Tiger Blood! This must be what everyone is talking about. You've hit the downhill slope of your Whole30 and life is beautiful. Your energy is through the roof, you've kicked the cravings, you're experimenting with new, delicious food, and you've finally got the time to notice that your clothes fit better, your workouts are stronger, and you are generally more awesome. - See more at: http://whole30.com/2014/04/tiger-blood/#sthash.lvGHFX7Z.dpuf

I don't even feel like this yet. I feel hungry a lot at night and I wake up feeling like I'm burning fat but not really feeling good.

“I never felt any Tiger Blood-type magical burst of energy. What I did feel is steady continuous energy throughout the day. I wake up more easily and earlier on a regular basis, sleep through the night more often, and don't run out of energy or feel like I'm going to crash every afternoon.†–Khhdesign

- See more at: http://whole30.com/2014/04/tiger-blood/#sthash.lWyY23t1.dpuf

Also on days that I workout it's usually right after breakfast so it that case I guess I should not eat a sweet potToe because the template says protein and fat only pre workout. I never thought something would be so difficult. Lol!

So have a preWO meal (protein and fat) before your workout, a postWO meal (protein and veg carb) 15-30 minutes after your workout to refuel, and then your real breakfast/M1 (protein/veg/fat) a bit later.  Are you willing to give that routine a fair test to see if that approach works for you?

Archived