HELLO!

KLO

HELLO!

I am starting Whole30 tomorrow (t-minus 1hr & 16min)!! I have struggled with my body image and relationship with food for a good 8 years now and I am ready to turn it all around! I have tried doing this myself before, but without accountability, it can be quite difficult. Here are my goals for the next 30 days:

1. Build a healthy relationship with (healthy) food.

I think this one goes without saying much. I want to get to a place where I am sensitive to my body's needs and respond to them appropriately. I do not want food to be in control anymore or for it to be an emotional outlet!

2. Kick the sugar/caffeine addiction!

Just ask B (my boyfriend)- I am the Queen of all things s.w.e.e.t. I know what grains and sugar do to your insulin levels and the effects it has on cortisol levels, etc, but I have let sugar have quite a hold on me. That and caffeine. I could live on both- together and separate! I have tried and tried again to kick these nasty habits, HOWEVER, I am determined and confident that this is the last draw.

3. Reduce body fat %

I think that it is safe to say that anyone who starts Whole 30 is hopeful of dropping some "lbs" and fitting into their clothes better. I am an athlete- I run, lift, rock climb, etc. and I am proud of it. However, I know that my body does not reflect it's full potential because what I put into it. I do have an idea of what I want my physique to look like and I know I am not too far off. For some time, I have had an unhealthy relationship with my scale, and I know that will be the hardest part of this program. Regardless of what I weigh (because I know that this can be irrelevant), I want to look a certain way. I think this program will give me a very good jump start!

4. Create Life Long Habits

I am 22 yrs old and I have had my share of issues regarding my body and food. I want to finally create habits that I can sustain for the rest of my life. No more yo-yo dieting. No more weight fluctuations. No more binge eating. No more excessive exercise. I want to move, fuel, and live freely!

I'll stop before I start rambling. I am grateful to have a community FULL of accountability and I am excited to see that the next thirty days has in store.

-k.lo

Hi KLO. Did you get started today? I hope so. Good for you tackling these issues while you are young! At 22 I still had my head....never mind.... :P I'm only on Day 3 so maybe we can support each other! Good luck!

Archived