May 19 I start

Rachaussie

I'm starting May 19th as well (although for me in the U.S. that's still tomorrow!) :)

I'm starting to get pretty nervous...I spent today meal planning, shopping, and prepping...but feel like I'm still missing something somehow. I'm also afraid I'm not getting enough vegetables into my plan. Not used to eating a lot of veg until dinner time I guess.

For breakfast tomorrow (and all week), I have egg muffins with onions, mushrooms, spinach, and cherry tomatoes. They smell good but shriveled up in the muffin cups a little and got super greasy feeling on the outside of the paper. We will see how they turned out in the morning!

Lunch tomorrow I have avocado chicken salad and baby carrots.

I'm also bringing a banana and a few cashews to work tomorrow in case I feel like either of those aren't enough. I'm used to bringing several things for lunch but I think a lot of low nutrient things like chips or rice cakes, yogurt - stuff that doesn't stay with you, so I'm hoping this is different.

I'm rambling, but hoping we can support each other as we start! :)

So far, so...okay. I was starving by mid-morning so definitely have to rework breakfast to probably eat more. Lunch was great and I feel full. But now I'm hitting that afternoon sweets craving. I don't have any more food left, so that's good I guess, but I feel like I need a plan for future such moments...any ideas?

I hit a morning slump.  I had to run errands which is when I'm usually snacking on sugary/non-nutritious fatty items.  Finally I made myself a cup of tea.  That helped along with the daily e-mails I purchased from Whole30.  I can tell these e-mails may become my lifeline (lol!) for "talking myself down".  I had a great day yesterday and wasn't expecting the cravings to start day 2.  I was hoping for a little more of a reprieve.  Oh well.  Carrying on!  Good luck everyone!

I started today, too. I did a Whole 30 from mid-January through Mid-February. I did not re-introduce food well and decided I need a fresh re-set. I don't think 30 days was enough for me the first time. I'm hoping this goes better.

The thing that is the most challenging for me is all the food prep. I wish there were drive-thru Whole 30 places. After working long days, the last thing I feel like doing is cooking for one. I try to cook more over the weekend, but have so many other chores that need to be done on the weekend that it feels like there almost isn't a weekend at all.

I am dreading the head ache that may hit tomorrow, if this is anything like last time.   

Hi there, I have restarted my whole30 on may 19. I was 23 days in before that and that's when I found out that my boyfriend has decided to go his own ways. I am going through a breakup now, he is moving to another part of the country. I am hoping that doing whole30 right away will keep me focused on the positive rather than destructive things.

Good luck to everyone!

Oh, anyway, I started my first whole30 on the 19th. Day 4 and I am EXHAUSTED. My poor husband is in even worse shape; he is a regular diet coke drinker and he is feeling pretty miserable. I have a question - for those of you who signed up for the daily emails, are they helpful? Maybe I should sign up today.

Hi , I started May 19 also.  Day 5 and one meal left today!  I did a lot of cooking last Sunday to prep, and that was so helpful.  I need to do it again this weekend. 

What I am dreading is going to a birthday party with girlfriends and a neighborhood BBQ at the end of May.   Any ideas what to take to a potluck..  deviled eggs ha ha!!

Padrye, I was just looking at these yesterday http://www.thepaleomom.com/2014/05/guest-post-rach-mojo-chicken-avocado-cups.html

Looks delicious and sofisticated, but I haven't tried making them yet. I have a brunch to attend on Sunday so I might make them. I can't have eggs, so this should save me:)

There are a few more recipes by paleo mom that you can check out

DollSquirrel - for me the daily e-mails are my life line.  They really are set up to know where you are (in general) with your Whole30, how you might be feeling, and tips and tricks to keep moving forward.  For me, it has already been money well spent.

Hi , I started May 19 also.  Day 5 and one meal left today!  I did a lot of cooking last Sunday to prep, and that was so helpful.  I need to do it again this weekend. 

What I am dreading is going to a birthday party with girlfriends and a neighborhood BBQ at the end of May.   Any ideas what to take to a potluck..  deviled eggs ha ha!!

Or a fruit bowl!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived