WholeBill 2.0 - The Journey Continues

BillS

Day 24

M1 - Three eggs scrambled in coconut oil with prosciutto, spinach, and cauliflower

M2 - Salad with chicken, lettuce, tomato, red pepper, avocado, and celery

Snack - Banana; almonds

M3 - Hamburger patties with grilled onion, avocado, and mayo; chicken thigh; blueberries

Snack - Peach

Not much to report today.  I need to go shopping...running out of fresh veggies.

Day 25

M1 - Prosciutto

M2 - Salad with ground beef, lettuce, tomato, celery, and mayo

Snack - Almonds

M3 - Carnitas, lettuce, guacamole, and salsa

Snack - Almonds, hardboiled egg

I've had a hard time accessing the forum the last few days, so here's the catch-up entry.

Day 26

M1 - Three eggs scrambled in coconut oil with mushroom, spinach, onion, and prosciutto; strawberries

M2 - Hard-boiled egg, almonds, strawberries, olives

Exercise - 1:11 MTB ride, 7.4 miles

Snack - Cup of chili; banana

M3 - Chocolate chili; peach

Wow, I need more vegetables!

Day 27

M1 - Three eggs scrambled in coconut oil with mushroom, spinach, onion, jalapeño, and prosciutto; almonds; grapefruit 

Exercise - 1:20 MTB ride, 6.3 miles

M2 - Salad with greens, tomato, pepper, olive, tuna, avocado, and egg

Snack - Banana; almonds

M3 - Chocolate chili; broccoli; peach and raspberries

Day 28

M1 - Three eggs scrambled in coconut oil with mushroom, spinach, onion, jalapeño, and prosciutto; almonds; prunes 

Exercise - Hike 3:00 hours.  Ate almonds and a Primal Pack

M2 - Salad with greens, tomato, pepper, olive, tuna, avocado, and egg

Snack - Banana; almonds

M3 - Chipotle:  carnitas, lettuce, guacamole, salsa

I felt really good on the hike today.  It's a long, steep grind to the top of a local mountain at 8,855 feet.  I was tired when I reached the summit, but rested for 20 minutes and ate a Primal Pack.  After that, I was completely refreshed of the descent.

Day 29

M1 - Three eggs scrambled in coconut oil with spinach, sweet potato, and prosciutto

Snack - Almonds

M2 - Roast chicken; assorted sautéed vegetables; orange and banana puree

M3 - Spaghetti sauce (tomato, beef, pork, onion, and olives) over sautéed zucchini; blueberries; mayo; prosciutto

So close to the end! 

Day 30 - Woo-hoo!

M1 - Three eggs scrambled in coconut oil with ground beef and pork, sauerkraut, and spinach

M2 - Salad:  lettuce, salsa, grilled chicken

Snack - Banana; almonds

Exercise - 56 minute MTB ride, 6 miles

M3 - Spaghetti sauce (tomato, beef, pork, onion, and olives) over sautéed zucchini; blueberries and strawberries; mayo

All's well that ends well.  A fairly easy day.  I'm excited to check my weight in the morning to see how this second round of W30 treated me.  I feel great, which is all that really matters.

ConfusedOminvore and Kmlynne, thank you for the support!  This second round was easier in many ways, and not nearly as exciting.  I'm glad I completed it successfully, and am happy to have it behind me for a while.

Here's a quick recap of my results:

- I was 100% compliant with the plan from an ingredient perspective.  I didn't eat anything that wasn't compliant.  That said, I did stray from the meal templates, likely having more fruit than is strictly necessary.  It's summer and the fresh fruit is hard to pass up.

- I found myself snacking too often, usually more out of habit than true hunger.  This is something for me to work on as I settle into a more typical eating pattern.

- I continued to build my exercise throughout the program and got ever better results.  I feel fantastic and am often surprised at what I am physically capable of.  I think I said after my first W30 that it felt like my body's capability exceeded my mind's expectations.  This continues to be true.

- I lost 7 pounds.  To be honest, I was a little disappointed in that, but upon reflection am grateful for any progress.  And the compliments I receive from my friends let me know this is the right path for me.

- W30 is a lot more fun with a buddy or two to join the journey.  Reading the forum really helped me on the "dark" days.

And now the journey continues.  I'll continue eating 80% compliant, with the occasional treat thrown in.  There's probably a Round Three in the not-too-distant future.  You'll be the first to know!

Thanks again for all the support!

Bill

Archived