Day 9....I'm still tired cause I'm pregnant! Now how do I finish?

I really want to finish my Whole30 by the book but I'm not sure if there is anything I should modify being pregnant. Non-Whole30 advice I'm getting that seems to conflict with the plan is to eat small meals ever 2-3 hours. Also, I haven't been taking prenatal vitamins since I'm eating so many vegetables and wasn't sure if the ones I have are compliant but now I'm wondering if I should take them. I don't have a doctor to ask yet cause I still need to pick one. So I guess my first of many questions is why is the plan 3 large meals with no snacking versus more small meals? What benefit do I lose if I have small meals every couple of hours?

So far I'm just really tired and my stomach gets a bit uneasy, not even full on nausea which I'm wondering if the first 9 days have helped me to avoid a much worse fate than I am with that.

Any suggestions for me?

The 3 meals is only if you aren't pregnant. For pregnant or breastfeeding women, you're encouraged to eat more often, but still by the template: protein, veg, fat.

I'd personally say that the development of your baby is more important than being exposed to something in your prenatals, but a mod might say otherwise. I'm not sure on what veggies (if any) have folate/folic acid in them like you'd need for baby's brain development.

How pregnant are you?

I just did my second W30 from 23 weeks to 27 weeks, and even with the so-called surge of energy you get in second trimester, I still didn't get the whole "tiger blood" feeling that I got during my first, non-pregnant (but still nursing) W30. I still felt great doing it, but I think the effects for me were a little different in pregnancy. 

I agree with PP that you should eat to hunger, rather than worrying about not snacking. As far as prenatals go, I still took mine. The main reason was that I felt I needed more calcium than I was getting, since a lot of the non-dairy calcium options just weren't appealing to me. I just took the free ones that my pharmacy provides, but I know some of the ladies on here took a specific type that is closer to W30 compliant. I believe Melissa may have taken them as well, or at least discussed a more W30-friendly brand on her blog, if my memory serves me right. You might check some of her posts on pregnancy and see if she mentions anything about it. 

I also ate more starchy veggies and fruits than would probably be recommended for a non-pregnant w30-er, and I found that helped a lot. 

Good luck to you! 

I'm only 4 weeks. I'm not really struggling with what I can eat but more with how much and when with this new factor , and I had stopped taking prenatal vitamins but when I got the news on Friday I started taking them again to be on the safe side, I just returned to taking the ones I had before so they are surely not compliant . But now I'm burpy and I don't know if it's because of one of the ingredients in those or just pregnancy or something I ate, the only food I had the last couple of days I had not been eating the first week is organic ground beef and some seasonings so now I'm confused on what is causing this. If anyone out there is really good at interpreting labels maybe you can help me determine if I should go get different vitamins , seems like basically vitamins and different types of cellulose plus silica and stearic acid

I was exhausted at the beginning as well. Since you're not that far along, you might not notice a difference continuing for the rest of your W30. I know my food aversions (chicken and meat, eww!) didn't kick in until further along, neither did morning sickness. When and if you have those things happen, it'll be all you can to eat anything. The smaller meals are recommend for nausea because it's typically worse if your stomach is empty. It's definitely what made me sickest. I also kept taking my prenatals because I got to the point I was hardly able to eat, so I know not much was getting in by way of food. I take Rainbow Light Prenatal One and they look compliant (do not contain DHA though). Congratulations and good luck mama!

Archived