Will I need to start over?

So, I'm on day 8, and feeling fine. I've been paleo for awhile so the only real change to my diet has been to cut out my occasional paleofied sweet treat. I'm a runner and have experienced some loss of performance as I switch from running off carbs to running off protein, but it's been minor.

For social reasons, I will be drinking wine tonight. I'm not craving it, I could survive with out it, but I know that in this social situation, I will chose to have a glass or two. I realize I could ask for seltzer or something else instead, this group gets together a couple times a year and realistically, I'm going to drink with them. :)

Am I realistically needing to start over at day 1?

Thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am used to eating several times a day. So if I eat between the meals but the food I eat is compliant, do I have to go back to Day 1?

Nope, but it's not optimal in terms of getting you on track for a better digestive/hormonal rhythm. Why not try to work it out so you eat three meals without snacking? It gives you the best chance to have a really successful Whole30.

Archived