Resetting today

Terra

So I guess I wasn't ready to really commit to the Whole30 on August 2 like I said I was. :(

Today is my day. I will start my first Whole30 today and finish up one day before my Dirty Dash (a mud run) on September 8th. Training for the race will be my exercise goal for this month!

Any tips/thoughts to help me avoid the late night munchies? I eat good most days and then I fall apart at night after my kids are in bed. Thanks in advance for the advice!!!

• Moderators

I find it helps to eat 3 big meals spaced out during the day. If I skip a meal or eat light, I get hungry at night. Eating a big supper doesn't seem to make up for not eating enough earlier in the day for me.

Hi Terra,

Best of luck with your reset and welcome aboard! I agree with Tom's suggestion. I used to have the same problem that you describe until Whole 30. I just do not have those cravings anymore. I hope you find it to be the same. I am on day 17.

Have a great journey.

Faith

Terra - I'm just getting started on my Whole 30 as well so really soaking up the advice on your thread! I too am going to focus on bigger lunches. Mean time, rather than succumb to the munchies after your kids go to bed, can you just go to bed then too? Going to bed early rather than go off the rails has been a strategy for me with several life endeavors. I don't have kids though LOL!

Good luck! Good luck on the mud run too - that sounds like a lot of fun!

Archived