Attending a wedding... Stressing out!

SPinch

Tomorrow will be day 10 of my whole30 and I will be attending a wedding. I'm a little stressed out over what to eat.. Dessert/alcohol is no issue for me but during cocktail hour and dinner I'm a little nervous about navigating what I can and can't eat... Any advice?

Hmm ... too bad there wasn't some time before the wedding, so you could call the caterer and request a compliant meal.

Cocktail hour is relatively easy: soda water with lime - have them put it in a nice wine glass.

Dinner could be tricky. The biggies you want to avoid are soy, gluten, dairy, MSG, sulfites and carrageenan, as ingesting any of those calls for a restart. If there's any way to get steamed vegetables, a dry salad with a lemon to squeeze on the side, that would help. Your entree may be the biggest challenge: hopefully it's not breaded or in some sort of sauce.  Fingers crossed for steak!  :) 

Worst case scenario, if you ingest any off plan ingredients listed above, or intentionally off road, extend your Whole30 ten days.

EDIT: Consider having a compliant mini-meal beforehand. That way if your options at the wedding are limited, you may be less tempted to go off-plan.

This is a tough one. I have never had wedding food that was compliant. Even when the chicken is crusted in nuts it usually has flour, the mashed potatoes always have butter and dairy and the veggies are usually covered in butter or cream sauce. I always eat before any event because usually I sit there drinking water while everyone else is eating. It is really hard to do when you are starving. I hope you had fun.

i went to a wedding on my first whole30 and I told the staff when I got there that I had food restrictions (no dairy, no gluten, no soy, etc). Luckily they were able to give me a dry salad, grilled the chicken and gave me veggies with some olive oil, and a plate of fruit for the dessert. If you are polite and specific when speaking with them they may be willing to work with you. I know I was stressed out before I got there though so good luck!

If you have any food restrication you have to bear it on your own risk.because,wedding menue is fixed before many weeks.So, if you have any food restrication simply avoid it. wedding is a big ceremony, you can enjoy another thinngs.

Archived